old player returning

slimz

so i quit RS right after the wild was shut down. just recently started playing again and im wondering if some of the old powerful items have been replaced with something new?

the following is a list of items that i remember being #1 back in the day, please update me if they have been replaced with something better/ if they are worth buying back now.

dragonfire shield

abbysal whip

barrows armor(all types)

berzerker ring/warrior ring

varius types of godswords

amulet of fury

my runescape acount is named:guy2 1

i have only 48m to spend so keep that in mind, thank you all in advance for helping a old player turned newb again =D

tl;dr? im looking for advice for what to buy and what makes money now days...which reminds me, are fishing/woodcuting still good sources of $$?

dfs-dragon defender

abyssal whip-chaotic rapier, goliath gloves

barrows armor-bandos armor

berserker ring-berserker ring(i)

godswords-chaotic rapier, whip, maul, dragon claws(for special attack)

fury-still the best

i would recommend not buying anything until prices stabilize in light of the combat rework beta testing

fishing/woodcutting is terrible money, i recommend farming herbs and doing the managing miscellania minigame to make money

Some things haven't changed yet, but a lot of things have. I'm not sure I have a full list, though the list above is useful. It depends on what you want to do. None of the stuff above has been 100% outdated (it is still functionally useful at various places) But I would definitely wait until combat beta is pushed to live game before making any purchases. Things will change so rapidly you could lose a lot. (Though if you're smart you can win a lot due to other's panics, as well)

Fishing/Woodcutting are not at all passable as money makers now. Depending on skills and quests you want to do some monsters are decent, though farming herbs is probably the easiest consistent one.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Woodcutting and Fishing are very inefficient moneymakers as of right now (not that they were ever that great).

Dragon Defenders (shield), Chaotic weapons, and the like are pretty solid choices, and whips are still okay, but Vine Whips improve them. Godswords don't have a lot of actual use right now, just a little niche usage. Bandos armor is good, but certain barrows pieces work as well/better in certain situations. Royal dragonhide armor is out for rangers (high level range armor).

It'd probably be a good idea to do some research on things either on the guides here, or playing the game and checking things out a bit.

(As said above, the beta is expected to cause armor/weapon prices to shift dramatically, so be conservative on your purchases)

Tainaith.png

*99 Cooking Achieved: 4th of July, 2009--99 Fishing Achieved: Christmas Day, 2009--99 Woodcutting Achieved: May 4th, 2010--99 Magic Achieved: September 11, 2010--99 Fletching Achieved: June 14th, 2012--2000 Total Achieved: July 2nd, 2012*

*1100 Dominion Bosses defeated*

Heroes of Newerth player -- IGN: SaveTehPanda

StarCraft 2 player -- IGN: plasmaJelly