Birthday Ideas

Hawks

My brother will be turning 16 in a couple of weeks. Normally I give him a drawing I've done based off of a little questioniare I give him, resulting in a random but totally awesome fantasy character [there have been gnome wizards and dwarf fighters, etc]. I kind of want to mix it up this year though, and have him actually be surprised by it. Still in the general vein of 'doesn't cost me anything' - so art of some sort is the most likely. I'm up for suggestions, though [why else would I have made the topic?]

He's an avid Magic: The Gathering player, likes Lego, general fantasy stuff, tanks, aircraft, most things to do with World War II (plays Axis & Allies)... He likes elephants [i've made him a papercraft Phanphy in the past].

At the moment I'm leaning toward a big version of his favorite MTG card art. I've been sketching them lately, though, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise. Plus, I'd have to ask him what it is.

Any suggestions or comments would be really helpful! Thanks!

Maybe you could do what you usually do, but create a 'montage' with all of the ones you've done so far? Unless, you haven't done many. :P

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Do you do other types of art aside from painting? Just thinking back to some of the stuff I used to do in art class, and I can't paint most things to save my life (I do some abstract patterns, but never any sort of object or scene or things like that). At one point, I made a couple Plasticine sculptures of runescape monsters, specifically a lesser demon and a green dragon, by making skeletons out of paperclips and hot glue, and then making the creature on top of that. They are time consuming to make, but if you like sculpture, perhaps you could make a figure of some sort of Magic creature/person.

At this point, I think I'm planning on making a poster collage thing with lots of stuff about his favorite tank (Tiger I) and getting a poster printed. The sculpture idea sounds like a plan though... He has no favorite MTG card or monster, and I'm not about to make a tank out of Sculpey.