Problem using quest list w/ diff. accounts

bethy144

My brother and I both have our own profile,

I have been using the quest list from tip.it through the application and have checked off all of my completed quests.

THE PROBLEM:

Today when I showed my brother that function ON HIS PROFILE, all of MY quest information (ones ive checked off) was showing/not showing.

SO.... is this a problem or is there something we can do to correct this?

I want my bro to be able to use swiftkit as much as I do and see for himself how useful it is

many thanks,

Bethy

Maybe you have a saved quest list on his profile? Try creating another list for a different username and then loading it on his profile and it shouldn't load. Everything is stored in individual profile data folder so it shouldn't be possible.

strider3282.png

SiNmDRk.png

Thats what I thought, 'tis why I was really confused.

no he was on his when I showed him, thats a for sure. we had to click the "show completed" to find the one we were looking for and all of them that were left unchecked were ones i still need to do 0_o

Tomorrow im going to have him uncheck the ones he hasn't done and see if they get unchecked on my profile

you guys sure there's no way the data could have been duplicated for his profile or something?

The only way it could have duplicated over would be if you imported your completed quests via the get info button and had your username in the search box.

If you go to c:\program data\swiftkit\profiles you should be able to see what we mean in that each profile is separate from one another and in theory shouldn't be able to interact with one another.

simmo200.png

Yes, I know about different profiles, thats why I was confused by this problem.

I have used the quest CALCULATOR on my account and hit the "get stats" button but this is also just another tool within swiftkit, just go to the calc from the quest list.

He will be here a little later and like I said, im going to have him redo it all on his and then log back into mine to see what happens, will post another reply and let ya'll know what happens

btw, major kudos and admiration for the SWIFT responses!

on everything, not just mine (:

EDIT:

My brother has reset and checked off the quests he has finished through HIS profile.

I am now on MY profile and it is showing everything that he has done on his..... and Im sure if i redo it all on mine, it will show up on his.

neither of us has been on each other's profile, we haven't messed with the user folders on the computer.

can this be fixed?

Edited by bethy144

We want to try and get to the bottom of this as it is very strange and we haven't seen this happen before. Would it be possibly to get a zip of your c:\program data\Swiftkit folder that way we can check it against the code and see if we can create a fix for you.

simmo200.png

Thanks however we need a copy of your ProgramData folder you have sent Program Files. This folder may be hidden on your computer so you may need to enable "show hidden files" in order to view it.

Update: we are still trying to work out what is causing this. However we haven't had much luck. I believe that SwiftKit is saving the questcenter.ini file outside of any profile, Yet both are accessing it from a global folder.

simmo200.png

As we've been unable to reproduce the behavior on any of our test cases, would you be able to allow our support staff to conduct a remote session with you?

What this entails is that we initiate a remote support session using the software Team Viewer, this allows us to share the screen with you so that you may observe as we investigate the case along with us.