Building My Own Pc

Ezee

I've got a budget of £700-£800 My build so far: http://www.ebuyer.co...sts/list/125717

1x Fractal Design Core 3000 Case £51.06

4x Arctic Cooling F12 120mm Case Fan £4.89 each so £19.54 for 4

1x Xenta All in 1 Internal Card Reader £6.93

1x Seagate 3TB 3.5" Barracuda SATA-III £101.99

1x Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600MHz £29.99

1x Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Socket 1155 VGA £58.10

1x Antec 620W High Current Gamer PSU £70.26

1x Zotac GTX 650 Ti 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI £155.50

1x Samsung 840 SSD - Basic £79.98

1x Intel Core i5 3470 3.20GHz Socket 1155 £145.50

1x Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium w/SP1 £74.25

Altogether that comes to £803.10, anything I can improve on and still be in budget?

220px-TurtleOmaha.jpg

Maybe 1600mhz RAM? Idk how much that would help though.

Good suggestion. The price increase should be minimal, and going from 1333 to 1600 actually nets you a small but noticeable increase in performance with modern CPUs.

Do you really need those four extra fans? Since you're going with a modest video card and a processor that can't be overclocked, spending extra money on cooling might not be needed. Similarly, I think going with a 620 watt power supply is way overdoing it. NVIDIA recommends a 400 watt power supply for their GTX 650 Ti, which I think should be more than enough to power your entire system.

You sure you don't need an optical drive? I occasionally use mine to install old games, and something like this one is both pretty cheap and from what I hear, pretty silent as well.

Do you really need those four extra fans? Since you're going with a modest video card and a processor that can't be overclocked, spending extra money on cooling might not be needed. Similarly, I think going with a 620 watt power supply is way overdoing it. NVIDIA recommends a 400 watt power supply for their GTX 650 Ti, which I think should be more than enough to power your entire system.

Extra cooling never hurts, especially when they're only five bucks apiece. The same theory applies to the power supply. I've always been of the mind that a good quality PSU putting out more than you need is never a bad thing. You know it's going to run your system with no problems, and if you want to upgrade the power is already there.

You sure you don't need an optical drive? I occasionally use mine to install old games, and something like this one is both pretty cheap and from what I hear, pretty silent as well.

I have one of these and it's great. LG makes surprisingly good quality stuff for the price.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

http://www.ebuyer.com/search?25=Module&a00062=8&subcat=3117&cat=3

A single 8 GB module costs less than your 2x4 GB. I doubt you'll appreciate the speed differences between single channel and dual, and you're more likely to reuse a larger module in the future.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪