White Screened Regularly

baileydafrog

I keep getting white screened on a regular basis on basic graphics, the following are my computer stats;

1tb hdd

i5 2.5Ghz processor

8Gb RAM

nvidia gforce 635m (i think this is the graphics card?)

windows 8 64-bit (yuck!)

windows gave me . . .

7.1 for processor

7.5 for RAM

5.7 for desktop graphics

6.4 for gaming graphics

5.9 for HDD transfer rate

I use Google Chrome, though same issues with Firefox and IE, the Runecape ap thing just shut itself down, everything up to date, newest java (which I've tried re-installing), I run it on desktop mode not the aps

the problem happens most when I am moving and spinning the camera, though can happen with just running, spinning the camera, or sometimes (but very rarely), just anyway

obviously this majorly limits what I can do, my combat isn't too bad but can't risk bosses, any advice would be appreicated, cheers in advance!

baileydafrog.png

Your computer should be able to handle RS just fine. With your Java being up to date, I have no idea what could cause it. Did you try using the downloadable client? (you can grab it here)

Oh, and yes, the 635m is your graphics chip.

I have the exact same problem, albeit running RS on a computer less powerful then yours. Personally, I find it happens less when running Open GL graphics, as opposed to the other graphics formats, so if you aren't running on that, try it, it might help. Even running Open GL, whitescreens do still occur, however, just less then on the other formats for some reason.

If anyone ever finds a permanent solution to this problem, I would also be interesting in learning it.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.