I need a new computer

Lep

I've never built a computer before and never really plan to since I have zero knowledge. I've only ever went to a store and bought a computer ready to go. But now I need a new computer that can handle Guild Wars 2 on maximum (or just high) settings and be able to handle World VS World which can consist of 50 VS 50 players. My current computer can just barely handle Guild Wars 2 and can't handle 10 people in World VS World.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of every single thing I need. And I was hoping I could just bring that list to a computer shop and say, "I want this. Build it for me and I'll pay you." I don't want to ask a computer shop guy to build me something that he thinks is good because I'm 99% sure he would try to scam me with cheap products. I want to spend $700 maximum. Would prefer under $600 if it's possible.

Just taking a list to a PC shop guy isn't likely to work out as what they can/will build tends to be subject to what brands they stock. Also hard to price that way since they would likely charge more for the parts than you can find online & have labour costs too.

In all honesty the building is the easy bit, motherboards come with manuals and maps that tell you exactly what each header and slot is for with that it's a breeze to put together. I mean cpu, power, graphics and ram slots are all pretty self explanatory. Then the power and data ports of harddrives and discs drives are pretty simple and the sata points on a motherboard are easy to spot.

The most complex bit is putting the fans and power buttons and leds onto the correct header pins and even that is quite easy with the map.

The hard part is picking out hardware that will work together.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you do decide to buy parts online, this website allows you to pick out all the parts you need, and lets you know if they are compatible with one another.

What kind of hardware will you need to allow 50 VS 50 in World VS World?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I'm not sure. The minimum requirements for the game are:

• Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
  • Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3 OR AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better
  • 2 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256 MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
  • 25 GB available HDD space
  • Broadband Internet connection
  • Keyboard and mouse

It has graphics settings in the game like reflections, anti-aliasing, ultra shading, textures, etc. The above is the minimum specs required but those specs definitely don't work in World VS World with a lot of players. I could just buy all the parts and have my friend put it together for me.

There is a thread on Guild Wars 2 forums that says that this is an example of a computer can handle "everything Guild Wars 2 can throw at you."

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v15d

Another guy posted a link trying to help me as well with another build.

http://www.cyberpowe...ga_Special_III/

There's no way in hell I'm paying that much money to play the game, which means I'll just have to settle for less graphics. Guild Wars 2 is also CPU heavy. I used the information they provided and made my own build using the extremely minimal knowledge I have...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Eq3r

Would that be a good build? Is everything I chose needed, neccessary or even good? And if it is a good build, is it possible to choose even cheaper parts and still get the same quality? I already have a keyboard and mouse but I don't know if I'd need a new screen. This is the screen I currently use. http://support.acer....L2016Wsp2.shtml

Simpler solution is a store in my town in which the best custom PC they offer to make (that I'm willing to buy) has 8 GB of ram, Intel G645 2.9 GHz and 2 Gb DDR3 GeForce GT640 video card.

Website here (It's simple): http://simcom.ca/systempricing/

Would a computer like that be able to do what I need it to? The build I could get from them is $770.

That first one from guildwars 2 forums looks good and could easily be tweaked a bit.

Judging by the other setups you dont need a mouse, keyboard or monitor.

That knocks $406 off the price.

It also has other over-cost items - ssd could be a hdd for lower cost, cheaper case.

Also I note most of these builds lack an optical drive (disc)

I'd suggest something like:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Foid

By using AMD in place on Intel you can knock the price down a fair bit and this running roughly equal specs to the one from guildwars forum with an added optical drive. It relies on a hdd opposed to an ssd which will mean slower transfers but substantially lowers costs, also the GPU is a bit weaker, though same ballpark of specs but again it lowers cost. Might not run 100% max settings, but should get ya close.

I'm not sure if you need OS or if you have one to install yourself so I included that, but not needing it knocks $90 off.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue