Network Icon Problem

Miner_Guy

Hey, i have Windows 7 and the network icon (the icon in the bottom right of the screen) is acting weirdly. Firstly it displays the wrong icon, the sun which means there are connections available and im not connected even though I am connected. Then sometimes the icon freezes on the circle going round and round which means you are connecting, when it does that i cant click on it or access the internet and when i try and log off or turn off my PC it wont do it, it just displays "shutting down" but wont actually shut down.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

SUPER.gif

I think a Windows Update might have broken that, but it's nothing, it's just cosmetic and has no importance. And yes it's been doing that with me too for a very long time.

Your shutdown problem though is unrelated to this. Did you recently install a program, sometimes they might cause issues, I know that the new version of Whatpulse seems to do that a lot (I don't know how many guys on this board still use it).

I think a Windows Update might have broken that, but it's nothing, it's just cosmetic and has no importance. And yes it's been doing that with me too for a very long time.

Your shutdown problem though is unrelated to this. Did you recently install a program, sometimes they might cause issues, I know that the new version of Whatpulse seems to do that a lot (I don't know how many guys on this board still use it).

It must be a bit related though as it only happens when the icon freezes. I think it started after i bridged my wireless connection to the PS2 and then unbridged it, although i might have installed a program at that time, i cant remember

SUPER.gif