SwiftKit Chrome Frame (Now Live!)

Stidor

8BXcGtM.jpg

With the upcoming RuneScape 3 BETA SwiftKit will also need to evolve to support the latest HTML5 technology. Currently SwiftKit uses Internet Explorer, which doesn't support the technology requirements for RuneScape 3. In order for users to experience RuneScape 3 inside of SwiftKit, we've gone ahead and implemented the ability to use a Google Chrome Frame inside of SwiftKit. There's no denying that RuneScape works best on Google Chrome, you will see immediate performance enhances.

What are the requirements?

You need Google Chrome installed (v25 or higher)

For more information see this KB article

Is seems slow...

The Chrome Frame has it's own cache directory. So the first time you load RuneScape it will need to re-download. After that though it will be nice and fast.

How do I enable/disable the Chrome Frame?

Go to View > Settings inside SwiftKit and check or uncheck the Chrome Frame setting.

Will this work for Old School?

Yes! This change will work for all three versions of RuneScape. EoC, Old School and even Classic.

Changes and Fixes:

+ Added option to use Chrome for loading RuneScape!

+ New Game Selection dropdown.

+ Treasure Trails link changed to rstt.net

+ Option added to Settings to disable the Chrome Frame.

+ Option added to Settings to set Chrome path.

+ Fixed hitpoints xp on Old School calc.

+ Options menu added to Launcher.

+ New profiles backdrop.

Current known issues:

(Fixed) You can only use the Chrome Frame option on your primary monitor. If you move it to another it disappears.

(Fixed) Chrome frame crashed on Windows XP when you tried to accept Java plugin notification.

(Fixed) Pressing F11 causes the frame to go glitchy.

(Fixed) Old School has the top game bar/menu bar.

(Fixed) When in fixed screen graphic setting on EoC the footer is visible.

(Fixed) Java 1.7 didn't let you type into the game

strider3282.png

SiNmDRk.png

If you plan to play RuneScape using Java then you must be using Java v6(1.6) and not Java 7. If you have Java 7 you would need to uninstall that and install Java 6 from this link here http://java.com/en/d...d/manual_v6.jsp

I'd like to note that Java 6 is no longer supported by Oracle (http://www.oracle.co...eol-135779.html). If security issues are found, they will not be fixed.

I'd like to note that the Java 6 requirement is only short term (as in for the next few days...). We're well aware that it's at the end of it's life cycle. Once the RuneScape HTML5 client comes out, if a player plans to stick with Java (including v7) they can continue using the default browser in SwiftKit which will work just fine with the latest Java.

At the moment though there is no problem using Java 6.

strider3282.png

SiNmDRk.png

Hey Stidor (and possibly, other Devs).

I'm Currently Using The Canary build for Google Chrome Thus your client does not recognise it as compatible, would this be a simple job of just changing the way your client detects chrome to allow Canary/Beta builds of chrome or will you stick to only allowing the stable build?

136PU.png

136Qk.png

Hi,

We did notice some discrepancies in chrome build locations during testing, but it was very isolated cases and hard to pinpoint the origin of this.

If you could tell us the path for your chrome executable we will certainly look into it, but I make no promise as we are fans of using stable and tested solutions to ensure a good experience.

• 2 years later...

Chrome removed support for Java (hence RS) some time ago due to security issues - I would assume this is why there is no option there, as it is impossible to run in Chrome.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

• 6 months later...

8BXcGtM.jpg

With the upcoming RuneScape 3 BETA SwiftKit will also need to evolve to support the latest HTML5 technology. Currently SwiftKit uses Internet Explorer, which doesn't support the technology requirements for RuneScape 3. In order for users to experience RuneScape 3 inside of SwiftKit, we've gone ahead and implemented the ability to use a Google Chrome Frame inside of SwiftKit. There's no denying that RuneScape works best on Google Chrome, you will see immediate performance enhances.

Is seems slow...

The Chrome Frame has it's own cache directory. So the first time you load RuneScape it will need to re-download. After that though it will be nice and fast.

Go to View > Settings inside SwiftKit and check or uncheck the Chrome Frame setting.

Yes! This change will work for all three versions of RuneScape. EoC, Old School and even Classic.

Changes and Fixes:

+ New profiles backdrop.

Current known issues:

(Fixed) You can only use the Chrome Frame option on your primary monitor. If you move it to another it disappears.

(Fixed) Chrome frame crashed on Windows XP when you tried to accept Java plugin notification.

Why do I not have the Chrome Frame option for swiftkit when I use the drop box from the play runescape button? I have Google chrome and it's even set as default browser. The only option I have to check is "use RS Client" which doesn't even work. So when I hit play (oldschool) it plays from the downloaded Rs Client which is a separate page... What am I doing wrong?

8BXcGtM.jpg

Is seems slow...

Changes and Fixes:

+ New profiles backdrop.

Current known issues:

Why do I not have the Chrome Frame option for swiftkit when I use the drop box from the play runescape button? I have Google chrome and it's even set as default browser. The only option I have to check is "use RS Client" which doesn't even work. So when I hit play (oldschool) it plays from the downloaded Rs Client which is a separate page... What am I doing wrong?