Nex...

Veiva

I'm itching to try it one day*, but I have a couple quick questions about Nex (and solo Nex) in general...

1. What is generally expected for solo and tank gear? E.g., is seasinger much better than Virtus, or slightly better, or really not that much better?

I have nearly enough chi for full superior (but not 90 RC), so if seasinger is much better, I'll grind out RC. I have full virtus (plus wand and book), if that's any help.

2. Would an arcane spirit shield substitute a farseer kiteshield? Even if only for a little bit as I try and figure out time to dungeoneer?

3. Soloing, do you need an armor switch for the mages? Or is a royal crossbow accurate enough in virtus?

4. Lastly, does armor still make the KC monsters not as aggressive? What's a decent combo to quickly run through, put on ancient ceremonial, and get to the bank?

Thanks for any help!

*: I doubt I'll ever try it, but the itch is annoying. :(

ozXHe7P.png

I can only answer out of personal experience, but here goes:

1: I found sea singer made tanking (no solo experience!) much easier. As a tank your dps won't matter too much anyway, so might as well focus on being a tank and let the DPS guys focus on the damage.

2: Yes, arcane works, and is, IMO, easier to learn tanking with thanks to the damage reduction. The prayer drain however is HUGE and the farseer is so much nicer to use.

4: just run past them with what ever gear you're wearing, eat a shark or two and enter the nex bank :)

Rudyaard.png

rudyaard.png

To elaborate on #4 : when you are wearing full ancient ceremonial you do not need to get the KC at all. You can proceed directly to the bank. Put on prot mage just in case and run like hell, have 1-2 pieces of food just in case.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

To elaborate on #4 : when you are wearing full ancient ceremonial you do not need to get the KC at all. You can proceed directly to the bank. Put on prot mage just in case and run like hell, have 1-2 pieces of food just in case.

I know you don't need KC :P I just don't want to walk in and die in 2 hits. Last time I was at Nex was pre-EOC.

Thanks for the help so far!

ozXHe7P.png

I usually just wear ancient ceremonial and use anticipation when I walk in so I can't get froze, should keep you from taking to much damage.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png