Fail to install audio driver lenovo G550

Bar21

Hello,

I accidently deleted my conexant audio driver and now unable to completely intalling it back...

I downloaded the driver from lenovo site,each time it fails to install at the "drivet installation wizard" and I'm unable to finish the setup and left with no sound! plz help!

My os is Win 7 32 bit' home pre

1) How did 'accidentally' delete a driver? Those bad boys are generally buried pretty deep in system files.

2) When you say 'delete' do you mean deleted the files or uninstalled? If the first have you tried restoring them from the recycle bin? Or tried a tool like recuva to get them back?

3) Do they show up in the device manager when looking at audio devices? If so have you tried the update option to see if it'll fix itself?

4) If they are more program-esque drivers do they appear in add/remove program? If so have you tried to uninstall/repair option?

5) Did you system come prebuilt? If so it ought to have a driver disk or recover partition that can be used to make repairs.

If all else failed it seems as though you have left over registry entries that are blocking the install, a tool like ccleaner might be able to remove them for you, if not you gotta do some serious googling and tracking through regedit to fix it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

1) How did 'accidentally' delete a driver? Those bad boys are generally buried pretty deep in system files.

2) When you say 'delete' do you mean deleted the files or uninstalled? If the first have you tried restoring them from the recycle bin? Or tried a tool like recuva to get them back?

3) Do they show up in the device manager when looking at audio devices? If so have you tried the update option to see if it'll fix itself?

4) If they are more program-esque drivers do they appear in add/remove program? If so have you tried to uninstall/repair option?

5) Did you system come prebuilt? If so it ought to have a driver disk or recover partition that can be used to make repairs.

If all else failed it seems as though you have left over registry entries that are blocking the install, a tool like ccleaner might be able to remove them for you, if not you gotta do some serious googling and tracking through regedit to fix it.

1) Diden't know it was The sound driver and i removed it in the"remove program installation" through "control panel".

2)uninstalled, and no i diden't try to restore since i'm not sure how.

3)There in a "Audio device on high definition audi bus" under "unknown devices"

4) it did appear in add/remove program,from there i removed it,and no diden't try repair option

5)The system came with everything on it completely,I don't have any disc.

Try this:

Open control panel > Device manager > Sound > right click on the unknown device > Update driver software.

This will search the interwebz for the best driver. Failing that, you could always go to your laptop manufactures website and search for your model, from there try to locate a downloads/support section containing drivers. I realise you've already tried this, but usually there are alternative drivers, it doesn't have to be the exact same one.

You could also try installing KB888111 *found on the Microsoft windows support website*, and then try the driver again - this might help your operating system recognise certain drivers. Feel free to PM me if you continue to have problems, I'm always happy to help.

Good luck!

Try this:

Open control panel > Device manager > Sound > right click on the unknown device > Update driver software.

This will search the interwebz for the best driver. Failing that, you could always go to your laptop manufactures website and search for your model, from there try to locate a downloads/support section containing drivers. I realise you've already tried this, but usually there are alternative drivers, it doesn't have to be the exact same one.

You could also try installing KB888111 *found on the Microsoft windows support website*, and then try the driver again - this might help your operating system recognise certain drivers. Feel free to PM me if you continue to have problems, I'm always happy to help.

Good luck!

I tried Update driver software from Device manager and it says that he found the driver but can't install it...

And i can't find KB888111 for the 32 bit...