Looking for a new laptop, No idea what to get.

Tyler93

Hey everyone, If any of you recognize my name from this forum you know how much of a noob I am with computers haha. I'm looking to get a new laptop, Basically all I would use it for is playing Runescape, possibly streaming some videos and other basic stuff like Facebook, etc. I really don't need anything fancy, but I don't want to cheap out too much (although I'd like to spend as little as possibly). Any suggestions on what to get? I have no idea! Any input is appreciated.

Original Account: Tylersk8shop (Joined: August 2006)
99 Attack, Strength, Defence, Hitpoints and Woodcutting.

I guess I'd also like something that it won't hurt to download iTunes and some music on, possibly other programs in the future as well as store and edit videos from my GoPro and other cameras.

Original Account: Tylersk8shop (Joined: August 2006)
99 Attack, Strength, Defence, Hitpoints and Woodcutting.

For general use, I swear by my Toshiba Satellite. Not only is it great value you for money, with reasonable specs - it's built like a tank.

I had an Acer prior to my Tosh, and it barely lasted a year. I think it's really worth finding something well made, even if you don't plan to keep it a long time, the option being there is nice. Who needs pressure to upgrade because the keys are falling off, right?

Of course there are plenty of other good laptops which I can vouch for, generally the Sony Vaio's, despite costing almost as much as a MacBook Pro in some cases, are also great spec with good build quality, and they can be extremely stylish.

HP's are great, I use them at work, my gf has one, and I'll likely be upgrading my Tosh to a HP Envy of come kind. I really like the Dv6t's and Dv6z's, but not sure they are made anymore.

I hope I've been of some help, feel free to PM me any time for further assistance - I can talk all day and night about laptops.

Good luck!