Runescape game client instead of Java?

Negh_var

I hate having Java on my system so use the game client to avoid it. I really like swiftkit however the fact that I have to use the java site annoys me.

There is a page on the knowledge base for the mac client (http://kb.swiftkit.net/question-using-the-official-runescape-client-with-swiftkit.html) on using the download client instead.

Why is this not in the windows version? Was it there but removed for some reason?

Well yes but have you tried it?

It may be just the spec of my machine is too low but it lags like crazy and when I type the first letter always drops. The client lags sometimes as it is but nowhere near as back during the HTML5 version. I will be getting a new graphics card soon but was wondering if I could use the client as it is now since it works and it's listed in the KB that you can, albeit for a mac screenshot

Well I guess that this is not going to happen :-(

So either the screenshot is a mac only thing or it's from an old version that wasn't removed from the KB.

Wish Swiftkit was kept up to date but I guess nothing can be done....

It is mac only hence why it is in the mac section of the KB. There is no windows version because there is no need for it. The official client still uses java just like Swiftkit. So either way you have it on your system. The reason why we have it with the mac version is because Apple discontinued support for java. 

simmo200.png