Starting From Scratch....The DIY Way!

Hello and welcome to my blog.

I've recently been getting really bored of Runescape so I've decided to spice things up a little bit.

I've sold/dropped/destroyed my entire bank, took all the money out my kingdom and spent all my Dungeoneering Tokens and I aim to make it all back, but this time with a couple of rules to follow.

The only advantage I have that I can think of is that I have dragon hatchet and pickaxe in my tool belt, but I have no way of changing that so I'll have to live with it.

No trading players/Using Grand Exchange

No Assists/Lending

No Guides

Hopefully this will be challenging and pretty fun. But anyways here's my starting bank and stats pictures. Note: I didn't drop my money but I don't intend on using it. It will stay in my bank and I'll only use money I aquire myself which will stay in my tool belt.

141rr12.png

rk0pld.png

I will post updates in the comments that follow to let you all know how I'm getting on.

Main Accounts Blog                                 DIY Account Blog

Jakavam.pngJamakam.png

While it's fully your decision and I wish the best of luck for your goals, I think you may enjoy the diy experience with a fresh account much more

• Like 1

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I have tired that a few times before and always end up getting dragged back into my main account before my new accounts really got anywhere.

29/5/14

My first port of call I decided would be too make a bit of money to restart my kingdom, and to do this I decided I'd make and alch some yew shieldbows. But first I wanted a couple Woodcutting urns to help me so I made 50 urns then realised I'd need some runes to attach to them, so I grabbed a wicked hood and used the charges on it to make all my urns. Whilst using my wicked hood I also made a load of cosmics to use when enchanting jewellery later. I then lodestone teleported down to Catherby and set about cutting down yew trees. Once I'd cut 250 logs I picked then spun 250 bowstring and turned them all into yew shieldbows, during which I achieved 79 Fletching!

nr12dg.png

I now had 3 parts left towards my little goal; 1) make 250 nature runes, 2) make a lot of fire runes or find a way to get a fire staff (have no money remember) 3) alch the bows. After a quick check in the Wizards Guild shop I found that fire staffs are only 1.5k so I sold 5 of my bows to the general store and bought the staff.  I then mined about 800 essence and turned 300 of it into nature runes, getting 63 Runecrafting along the way. After alching all them bows and finishing that little goal I made 188k which is more then I was expecting!

ff2ux5.png

Next I think I'm gonna fish and cook a load of food, but first (like last goal) I need to make some urns, this time Fishing and Cooking.

Got halfway through my Fishing urns before deciding to call it a night, here's my bank picture after day 1:

rmie1d.png

Jakavam.pngJamakam.png

30/5/14

Didn't get much chance to play today but I finished off making all my Fishing and Cooking urns and then used my wicked hood to get the runes required to activate them. Once that was done I got back my cooking gauntlets and set off to Piscatoris were I fished about 300 monkfish. I took those and my Cooking Gauntlets to a range and cooked them all, burning 42 of them. 

That's all I had time for so here's my end of day bank:

k9c11t.png

Jakavam.pngJamakam.png

Good luck - I've considered doing something similar before, but never went through with it.  

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Thanks! Just do what I did and keep all your money, that way if you don't like it you can always go back.

31/5/14
Decided I'd start the day by doing my yew shieldbow daily challenge.
Half way through I stopped to mine a fallen star which gave me a nice amount of cash, cosmic and astral runes, some gold ore and a ruby. I then finished off cutting down the yew logs and got 76 Woodcutting which is the first req. for my new goal which I'll talk about at the end.

5n67wm.png

Anways I got back to Woodcutting and finally got the 336 logs needed, now for the hard part, picking the flax. I decided for doing this I'd do Mourning's Ends Part 1 far enough to get into Lleyta to pick flax there. The picking didn't take anywere near as long as i expected and before long I was in Lumbridge spinning it all. Once done I fletched and strung all the bows to complete the challenge and as a reward I got 13 frost dragon bones and from the treasure trail key I got 300 Dungeoneering tokens, which sets me off nicely on my next short goal; re-claiming my coal and gem bags. I'm doing this now because the double Dungeoneering tokens week ends tonight and i'll probably need them soon.
So I got my Dungeoneering ring and set about completing dungeons. After a couple dungeons I got the tokens required and bought the two bags, during the dungeons I got 66 Dungeoneering, 72 Smithing and 63 Strength.

x56vxv.png
w162wk.png
2cpaomr.png

I decided to call it a day there and will think of another short goal to get me started tomorrow.

As I said earlier I've got a new long term goal and that's too complete The Branches of Darkmeyer quest. I love that questline and its a goal that'll be quite challenging. I've just got 76 Woodcutting which is one requirement, I also need 70 Range and 67 Slayer but on top of that I'll need some decent range armour for the quest itself and for training my range and slayer. I know you can get black d'hide sets from killing vyrewatch and burning there bodies but for that I need melee armour and to work out how to get my flail back. Although killing vyrewatch would probably be a good thing coz it'd make blisterwood items hit harder so the boss fight would be easier.

Anyways here's the end of the days bank and stats picture:

2h8biuq.png

Jakavam.pngJamakam.png

01/6/14

Didn't play.

02/06/14

Did get much chance to play today either, all I did manage was a cut 30 magic logs daily challenge which gave me 15 Mahogany planks and 21k Woodcutting XP. I wont post a updating bank picture because all that's changed is the new planks. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get some dacent playing time in.

Jakavam.pngJamakam.png