Old player hopelessly out of date

McFaire

Hiya folks. I started playing back in 2002 but not much recently and there's so much new, it's a bit overwhelming. I'm still wearing dragon armour and carrying a whip. So today I was checking out pest control and some guy says to me:  get a real weapon, shield and whip dude. Lol. I look around and notice NO ONE is wearing dragon or using a whip anymore. Heh heh. And I don't even know what all this stuff is, everyone's got something different.

Here's my stats. Got any tips to help me get back in the game and not look like an old foggie? I'm sporting a 10-year cape and looking like a doofus, apparenlty. Thanks! I have reasonable but not extreme wealth, after skilling all these years and snagging a few rares back in the day.

combat 155

atk 74

def 71

str 74

const 75

range 70

pyr 61

mage 82

dunge 64

slay 45

levels 1657

A lot of the gear you saw was probably cosmetic overrides. Tbh, I'd suggest using barrows chest and legs, unless you don't wanna look "poor" you can buy bandos. Bandos boots and gloves, amulet of fury, and if you're going to level up melee skills, do slayer. Get yourself a black mask and eventually you will get a slayer helmet, good helm. 

I currently wear tier3 slayer helmet, torags top and bottom, steadfast boots, pneumatic gloves, ring of wealth, fury, korasi's sword and off-hand jessika's sword with a skill cape. i got tired of bandos, and barrows has more lifepoints and armour than bandos anyhow, except bandos has attack bonus and prayer bonus. hope this helps, feel free to add me in game if ya wanna ask anything else.

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

So the cometic overrides -- it "covers up" the armour you're wearing?

Yes! Does not work in pvp areas though.

Get 75 attack and use a godsword.

Nobody uses shields these days, it's either 2h or dual wield. (Except for couple bosses)

Ye barrows armour + godsword is great.

You should probably do all of your combat training through slayer, though. It's not *required*, but it greatly helps, otherwise you might end up with combat skills super high with a comparatively low Slayer level (ex: you would be 99 in all combat stats and ~70-something Slayer, so you might get bored doing all those lower level slayer assignments.)

If you level your combat skills alongside Slayer, then they both level up at once instead of having to go back later for weeks to finish up 25 slayer levels.

Thanks for the tips! Only needed a few points to hit atk 75, and then got the Bandos GS and the full Bandos armour. It's nice to look good as well as fight good!  And I am fighting fit now, I must say! Lol. Hopefully this will cut down on the insultng remarks at the pest control, giggle. Off to level up that slaying...

Cheers

• Like 1