I've just created a new RS account.  Had a few in the past, but haven't played in a number of years.

RS is so different now.  Different combat, different look, voice acting, better sound.  I've noticed that the worlds seem a lot emptier, which is a shame, and less people talk.

Anyway, I'm giving self-sufficiency a try, just for the hell of it.  Wish me luck, please.

Hello and welcome to TIF!  So I guess you're trying Ironman/DIY style then?  You'll probably find some company in the blogs section if you want to check that out as well.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Thanks for the welcome.  I've never heard of Ironman/DIY.  I just thought of RS as a singleplayer game, and how things that we take for granted in the game as it exists today would be much more difficult.  I understand I can't smith an iron pickaxe until I become a member?

Unfortunately, smithing pickaxes is members and also requires a quest, if I'm not mistaken.  However, you can buy a pickaxe from Nurmof's Pickaxe shop in the Dwarven mines.  You'll pay a little more than GE price for the higher level ones, but if you want to be self-sufficient I think trading with stores is generally considered acceptable.  Otherwise maybe you'll have to try and get one from drops, but I'm not sure if/which any monsters drop them, or if you're P2P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Welcome to the Tip.It (aka: Rune Tips) Community, @Yamatodamashii.  Please enjoy your stay, watch out for the lunatics, and come play in the Forum Games!  Yes, of course, don't forget to check the rest of things out... LOL! laugh.gif

~D. V. "My siggy's soooooooo out-of-date that it might as well be a joke..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Welcome! I'm always intrigued by the self sufficient game play some people choose, and I'm not alone in that field. If you think you'd enjoy it you could create a blog over in BlogScape and share your adventures with others.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?