Laptop Recommendations

Sy_Accursed

So my current 2010 macbook is beginning to give up the ghost and at first I thought I'd save up and replace it like for like (well new model, but y'know)

But then I started thinking and I don't really use the macbook for anything, well, maccy (ie video editting etc)

So I started bouncing around the idea of getting some else, but my laptop knowledge is limited and I thought'd I'd ask for some ideas.

I was thinking a gaming laptop might be a good move since, aside from rs which runs atrociously on mac, I do like some pc gaming (mainly minecraft and sims) so something with the power to get them running well would be nice. But that aside my laptop is just a general day-to-day browsing the net and writing tool.

So any suggests for a good buy to get that gaming experience without breaking the bank (ie similar price range of macbooks)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

http://shop.lenovo.com/ae/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/

Really the only complaint about this model is that the GPU isn't great, but it's more than enough for your needs. I'm not sure how I feel about the 4K resolution because I've never used a machine that supports it, so you'll probably want to do some independent research before you pour money into it. Other than that, this should fit your needs pretty well. If nothing else, it should give you a starting point to look for a better fit.

I was looking for the same thing this summer. I ended up going with the Asus Q550LF. I personally think that having the graphics chip is a must. RS runs perfectly smooth for me, barring our terrible home internet. Minecraft runs well also, although I haven't played it a ton.

After bouncing around reviews and stuff using than Lenovo as a starting point I ended up going with the MSI Ghost 3k - Good tech review sties all rated it among the best gaming laptops, higher than the Lenovo, and I got it cheaper than I could find the Lenovo so seemed like a solid win:win outcome.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue