weird swiftkit behavior

ziggieice

swiftkit worked perfectly until a few days ago, when i click the launcher swiftkit would load and then it would kill itself in task manager not even letting me view the program. this just happend and has no explanation, no updates, no tampering, system restores to no avail, re-installing does nothing different, i cant figure out whats going on, im about to reinstall windows just to get it to work its that perplexing. ive even copying a working installation from another computer to the problem computer and it does the same thing. virus scans and malwear come up negative aswell. wtf is going on   

sure.

[1/13/2015 12:23:06 PM] Starting up...
[1/13/2015 12:23:07 PM] Starting up...launcher version is 1.65.29
[1/13/2015 12:23:07 PM] App data folder path is C:\ProgramData\SwiftKit
[1/13/2015 12:23:07 PM] Checking folder structure
[1/13/2015 12:23:07 PM] Attempt to set browser emulation
[1/13/2015 12:23:07 PM] Check if drive is NTFS
[1/13/2015 12:23:08 PM] Drive is NTFS so set required permisions

at this point im going to reinstall windows and reinstall swiftkit, something happened and no one can figure it out

Make sure to back up all your personal data stored locally on your computer before you do, otherwise you won't be able to get it back! :!:

BTW, if you haven't already reinstalled everything, there is something else you can try first!  You might want to try "Run As Administrator" if you're using Windows Vista or higher.  Doing so can break some of these situations loose from the walls. :o

~D. V. "Always remember precautions and other steps!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

• 4 weeks later...