Regarding one of the rules in the forum games.

I'm talking about this thread specifically.

Since it doesn't say who the mod of the forum games is, I thought it was best to contact the mods this way.

One of the rules say "When it comes time, some threads may end up having their own specific stickies to be posted on. Do not create new ones once those threads have been stickified".

I can tell you that this was indeed the case back in 2006 when this thread was made, since I was active back then.

But this is no longer the case. No forum game ever gets stickified, I think the wording here needs to be changed.

I don't think it needs altering particularly.

Just because forum games is deader of recent years and thus not busy enough to warrant a specific game being stickied does not mean the rule need not exist to cover for the eventuality that it does get busy.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't think it needs altering particularly.

Just because forum games is deader of recent years and thus not busy enough to warrant a specific game being stickied does not mean the rule need not exist to cover for the eventuality that it does get busy.

I'm sorry I don't agree, the rules topic should NOT have incorrect information, it doesn't matter if the forum games are deserted.

At the moment there is no point to this rule as no thread is gonna get stickied anyway.

Well, who the heck reads that thread anyway? It won't bother me too much that it won't be fixed but it should be fixed.

But my point is it is NOT incorrect information.

It is perfectly correct information about the procedures and rules of the Forum Games section that just happens to be a procedure that has not needed to be actively used lately due to the forum being quieter than it previously was.

The rules existence defines a parameter of expected behaviour should the forum be busy enough to warrant its use. If you get rid of it just because the forum is quieter and then there is a sudden surge of business and a game gets stickied and people start duplicating it you can't then moderate the forum to avoid duplication as the rule doesn't say you can't do that. Where as if the rule exists but isn't used to the forum being quiet it doesn't do anything.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue