Better armour

Themooingcow666

So, I recently just bought my first set of Drygores, and now it's time to upgrade my armour.

At the moment I have 300K left to spend, however I can farm for a d-pick or kill some frost dragons to make some money no problem.

Here is my armour set

Guthan's helm (Full Slayer helm)

Guthan's Platebody

Guthan's chainskirt

Bando's Boots

Bando's Gloves

Saradomin's Whisper

Obsidian Cape

Beserker Ring

Here is my ranged Armour set

Full Slayer Helm (Or Karil's Coif)

Saradomin's Murmur

Karil's Top

Karil's Skirt

Armadyl Boots

Armadyl Gloves

Archer's Ring

Ava's Accumluator

Karil's Crossbow

Ranged level is 92, and defense level is 86 (But I can bring it up to 90 in a day or two no problem)

What are the next set of armour and weapons (For ranged) I can tier up to?

and if possible could you give me costs for low cost, medium cost and high cost as well please? (It will take me a week or two maybe more to afford 100M+ armour).

Thanks!

Themooingcow.png

What are you looking to do mainly? If you just want to do Slayer tasks, then the standard GWD armor would serve you well in most cases - that is, Bandos (melee), Armadyl (ranged), and Subjugation (magic). All three should be roughly 25M or so in total, and they are the highest tier of armor that do not degrade. Although they are the same tier, they are power armor, which means you are effectively trading a little defense for the ability to hit harder, which is generally what you want. In the case of Guthan's, there's also the healing ability so I guess it depends on how much of a factor damage you will be taking is as well.

If you want tier 80 armor, the next thing up would be degradable Nex armor - however, these are a bit pricey (61M for Pernix, the ranged set, and it degrades). They can be repaired though. In terms of a Ranged weapon I can offer slightly better news - you can get a Royal Crossbow which is tier 80, and while it degrades, the cost of repairing it is relatively minimal. You have to take it to the Queen Black Dragon and reach a certain stage in the fight, then brandish it to forge it. At your stats I definitely think it's doable. Another option, since you are 85 Dungeoneering, would be to buy Chaotic crossbows from DG, if you happen to have a lot of tokens sitting around.

For tier 85 armor, you can use the tradeable version from Ports if you want, however I would not recommend it for anything other than high level bossing. The reason is that it will degrade to nothing after 10 hours of combat, unlike other degradable armour that can be repaired. In case you're still interested though, the melee set is tetsu and ranged is death lotus. There is even more expensive degrade-to-dust armor at tier 90 but again - would not recommend it unless you're doing a lot of solid bossing.

It's good to see you leveling up your skills and progressing though, glad you seem to have found Frost Dragons a lucrative source for income. Keep it up :).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I'm mainly doing slayer tasks, bossing, and farming for drops places. But Alright so GWD armor looks like it's my best bet than in terms of long term, I haven't started ports yet, but when I do than i'll probably upgrade to tetsu and death lotus granted I have a couple sets or something.

Either way, i'll save up for one of each set. :) So thank you for the advice! (If I come into a ton of money may try out the degradables for the bosses.)
As for weapons... The Royal Crossbow is what i'm working towards right now but from what i've been told on reddit and such, it would be a good idea to either have a 1-handed cbow and DFS or one handed weapon and DFS, or Super anti-fire pots and weapon of choice for QBD to get my royal crossbow.

Another thing i'm working towards right now since I don't have it, is ancient curses slowly doing the quests so I can use the armor's even more efficiently at bosses when I do them.

All in all thanks for the help!

As for the last thing you said, thank you! Yeah I think you are the one I talked to about frost dragons, and I want to say I have tremendously improved when it comes to them! I can stay there almost endlessly with SGS, granted I don't run out of prayer pots (Since protect from mage seems to negate the firebreath with my healing ability) so I usually stay for about 350 kills than bank and do something else. :) (they're also the main reason my melee has gone up besides slayer. :P)

Themooingcow.png

Yeah indeed for QBD you will need more antifire protection than just regular antifire. My friend (with pretty much maxed combat stats) managed to do it with a shield + (regular) antifires but he had quote a time of it. You should be able to get there though, it just may require a little persistence! :)

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Either Ascensions or Noxious bow are - both are tier 90 and Noxious longbow is a two-handed alternative. In fact there was recently another thread discussing the comparison between the two - I recommend you check it out here. :)

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png