Ascension Xbows or Nox bow?

Rinc3Wind

Needle Shot has a slight dps edge on the 2h counterpart so in pure numbers asc > nox.

It's close enough that you can go with whichever one you please really, but if you want to the absolute best range dps possible no matter how small the edge may be asc would win out.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nox bow.

• Like 1

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Pros for each:

Ascension crossbows:

• Needle strike >Dazing shot, resulting in about ~2-3% more DPS

• Cheaper repair cost (base 2*2M vs 4.5M)

• Counts as an all-protect in GWD (akin to Zaryte equipment)

Noxious Bow:

• Longer effective range (I think it's 2-3 tiles)

• Cheaper ammo (Ascension bolts float around 400gp while araxyte arrows are around 180)

• One item vs two (ie: takes up only one slot on protected on death, allows you to one-item in wildy relatively safely)

• Stronger (which means nothing if you're using Momentum/Legacy, but if you sneak in auto-attacks during Revolution/Manual it gives you ~1-2% more DPS)

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Nox bow. Nox will give you higher dps during slayer and it will be less hassle.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Don't forget that with ascensions, you can use a main-hand with a shield, so keep that in mind. You mentioned you were going to be bossing, which will be useful when tanking.

Also, CW/SW are places where shield-camping with max gear and hybrid armor makes you an absolute legend.

I find nox bow to be the more useful of the two, though, especially if you're primarily a DPSer.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Is Nox bow better DPS because of auto attacks + swiftness bleeds?

Also, how does Nox compare against Asc + OH DLD at QBD? Is accuracy an issue for Nox? Is the extra tiles of range useful?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Nox bow is better because of both of the things you mentioned and because if you have a moving target, you don't have to run into range quite as much.

As far as nox vs asc on QBD... I have slightly faster kill times with ascensions, but the range on nox is extremely helpful and not to be overlooked. I don't have to try as hard to get similar (maybe like 5-7 seconds slower on average off task) times with nox.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”