ironman gear help

stevensda

hi, was thinking of starting in ironman and need some help as I haven't played rs3 in a long time 

I can do 1 to 50 attack with 2hs but from 50 to 60 I cant buy any off hand rune weps, I cant buy the hally (need to get to elf lands to buy and im not going there that soon) and I cant hope to get a r2h drop from the rdt so what should I train 50 to 60 attack with, the addy 2h??

what should I train to 70 range with?

finally is there any point to ports other than the melee (highest tier melee weapons an ironman can get??) and mage weapons (2nd highest tier an iron man can get, behind noxious staff).

Ranqecaravan.png

You can get a Rune Spear as a quest reward from Tai Bwo Wannai Trio.

Train Range with w/e you want, you can make knives and stuff. But generally anything will work (probably best to train it with slayer since some monsters have weakness to ranged styles).

Ports are great, you should get them asap.

If you access ports via RCing you can get a nice t70+ staff to play with. Unless you feel like DGing.

Luck be a Lady

hi, was thinking of starting in ironman and need some help as I haven't played rs3 in a long time 

I can do 1 to 50 attack with 2hs but from 50 to 60 I cant buy any off hand rune weps, I cant buy the hally (need to get to elf lands to buy and im not going there that soon) and I cant hope to get a r2h drop from the rdt so what should I train 50 to 60 attack with, the addy 2h??

what should I train to 70 range with?

finally is there any point to ports other than the melee (highest tier melee weapons an ironman can get??) and mage weapons (2nd highest tier an iron man can get, behind noxious staff).

As master Boris said, you can quite easily get a rune spear from the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest, although doing all the quests you can will usually bump you close to 60 attack as it is. If you don't want to get the rune spear, addy will keep you going as long as you're not fighting too high level monsters with their uber defence.

With range, use the various shortbows until you can use salamanders, and then go from there in my opinion. I trained hunter through big chinchompa, and it was really fast. You don't use the ammo if you use abilities, so your tar will last for a long time, and the salamanders are easy enough to hunt.

Ports will give you a free set of each combat style armour eventually, as well as useful scrimshaws for future training. It also gives you some random xp here and there, and you can make yourself rocktail soup because you're not trying to save the spices to sell them ^^ If you get it through 90 runecrafting, you get a tier 75 staff from it, and if you do it through 90 dungeoneering, you've got either a chaotic or two, or some useful items like charming imp and bonecrusher.

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

Ports can get you the T85 armour as well, though you need a high secondary skill as well to craft it. There's also runic staves for magic available from Runespan, which you could work on, on your way to say 90 Runecrafting for Ports.

As for Ranged, I agree with Boris, knives would probably be best - though you can't really smith much above bronze/iron without needing higher and higher smithing levels.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Basalisks drop offhand rune dagger frequently but like others said do as many quests as you can and you should be able to skip to 60 attack quickly.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I have to agree about the quests. You should really get your fletching level up to where you can make bows for yourself as well.

A Maple/Yew short  with steel arrows will work on the medium cockroaches and you will get some decent drops as well. Lots of Mithril ore noted for smithing and alching.

When you say that you are thinking of starting in Ironman, you do realize that you have to start a new account to do so and can not use a pre-existing one right?

Jimvierling5.png

My Ironman account.

ok thanks a lot, didn't know about the rune spear, I will use best bow till sallys then those to 75 range. guess I will do ports for the armour as well, don't see my self using it that much because of the repair cost but I guess it will help at araxxi, nex and maybe corp

Ranqecaravan.png