Hard mode Vorago

Youmu

I am looking to do hard mode Vorago once I'm able to find a team that is willing to do so.

I have a few questions...

• What's the typical team size?
  • With that team size into account, how long do kills take, on average?
  • What does an inventory and BoB setup look like?
  • I know all 6 weekly rotations of normal mode. What are some notable things I need to watch out for in hard mode?
  • Will seismics be necessary if I'm not doing a tank role?
  • Which week(s) is best to do for hard mode kills?

Keep in mind, I eventually wish to learn how to do all 6 weeks of hard mode and obtain full omens (and maybe Bombi).

Any help is appreciated, ty

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I am looking to do hard mode Vorago once I'm able to find a team that is willing to do so.

I have a few questions...

• What's the typical team size?
  • With that team size into account, how long do kills take, on average?
  • What does an inventory and BoB setup look like?
  • I know all 6 weekly rotations of normal mode. What are some notable things I need to watch out for in hard mode?
  • Will seismics be necessary if I'm not doing a tank role?
  • Which week(s) is best to do for hard mode kills?

Keep in mind, I eventually wish to learn how to do all 6 weeks of hard mode and obtain full omens (and maybe Bombi).

Any help is appreciated, ty

7-12 depending on the week

Depends on the week and how good your team is, but somewhere around 20-30 minutes.

Inventory is about the same as a normal 2 kill trip, but it helps to bring pnecks for phases with TS. Yak should be 1:2 Brew/Rock (or that's what I've used and been fine).

Red bombs have no notification, so you need to be aware of incoming bombs (green bombs also have no notification). When a green bomb explodes, Vorago instantly reflects (which means that you can instantly pk your entire team). Do not surge at the end of p8 or p9 to stall adrenaline, save your surges for the waterfalls.

No. Staff is fine, but you just need to be careful extra on purple bomb phases.

Purple Bomb is probably the easiest, Boulders isn't bad, and Green Bomb isn't bad. 

In reality though, the hardest part is p10/p11 by far and making small mistakes can have huge consequences.

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Ah, ty for the advice. (Couldn't get back to this topic earlier, sorry)

With that in mind, how should I go about finding teams? It seems that most hard mode teams have already been pre-established and there aren't that many actually looking for people... that's by far my biggest obstacle and I think most other factors should be fine once I manage to get that over with. Unless it means I have to pay up to enter a team, which I don't really want to do except as a last resort...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

More than likely you'll need to pay 100-150m depending on the week to be accepted into a team. That, or ask to join and NOT maul, do a few kills until you can show them that you  carry your weight.

At least, that is how I imagine it. I desperately want to do hard mode but am too introverted to ask strangers outright :(

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Strangers won't accept you on a hardmode team unless you pay. Really the only way to get on a HM team would be to know someone (and do a lot of NM Vorago with them) who has a team and just ask if you can go with them. I know most of the PvM clans have at least 1 or 2 HM teams that will run occasionally, but you really have to be good at Vorago or suck up to some people to get on them. And then, they probably won't let you maul until all of the other tenured members have mauled that week. Just ask David if you can go with him to HM.

Also, no random team is going to let you join even if you don't want to maul. They won't want you to be a liability and lose them kills.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Strangers won't accept you on a hardmode team unless you pay. Really the only way to get on a HM team would be to know someone (and do a lot of NM Vorago with them) who has a team and just ask if you can go with them. I know most of the PvM clans have at least 1 or 2 HM teams that will run occasionally, but you really have to be good at Vorago or suck up to some people to get on them. And then, they probably won't let you maul until all of the other tenured members have mauled that week. Just ask David if you can go with him to HM.

Also, no random team is going to let you join even if you don't want to maul. They won't want you to be a liability and lose them kills.

Who's David?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

That was meant for Sonikku.... I made that post before I saw your post.

But he's just some guy that I think the OP goes to Vorago with regularly.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”