so this is bugging me

DarkSano

how can people say for example that glacor's are 4.5m or w/e gp per hour when i dont even get 1m per hour, now granted i dont have nox or chaotic or even virtus weaponry or overloads, im using abysal wand+orb i can still kill them pretty dam quick also using seasingers armor so im doing 65-75ish kills an hour. Just curious how people come up with these numbers 

phixcire.png

I would say that you are most likely massively underestimating how much of a difference top-tier gear (particularly weapons) makes. For example:

-A tier 90 weapon over 75 makes a substantial difference

-Overloads/brews help prolong trips and keep your stats up higher

-Tectonic, for example, gives a net magic bonus of +86 - which I assume they use.

-Amulet of Souls gives another large boost, +46

-Comp cape is +43, although ToKHaar-Kal-Mej would also work and maybe be a bit more attainable (+31)

-Scrimshaw, if you have access

and then of course there is the luck with the rare drops on top of it. Though I agree with you, it's unfortunately going to be more difficult to make cash at lower levels or without top tier gear.

If RS Wiki is to be believed, they claim 2.5M/hr assuming 90 kills/hr, but that still works out to more than you seem to be getting per kill. Hmm  :-k .

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

It is the product of averages.

Work out kills per hour.

Work out average drop value based on drop rates and values.

Average drop value * kills per hour = gp per hour.

They are never uber accurate, aside from things like Frost drags where its based on a 100% drop, just a ballpark figure and usually dependant on having BIS gear.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Degradables cut into profit.

To be fair, its been a while since I did Glacors, but at the time the best money/hour setup was

dual seismics

subjugation

(no degradables except weapon)

In those days we got at least 145 kills per hour with this setup with a legendary pet, with a possibility of up to 165 kph if a real familiar was used. 

It has been nerfed since then, I think the maximum these days is like 130 kph or so because they increased the hp of glacors by a bit but the setup likely remains the same.

Only use your prayer potions when your prayer falls below ~60 points, sapping glacyte and sapping-mode glacor used to drain based on your current prayer (I'm not sure if this is true anymore...).

You have 100% accuracy so supreme magics are better than overloads at glacors. 

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

They do - they put in an "average" rate of rare drops, assuming that's somewhat accurate anyway...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.