Confused/Question about Dungeoneering XP & rushing?

mindyabidness

I'm trying to get 75 dungeoneering (for Plague's End) and I'm slow at understanding how the whole thing works. 

Currently I'm only @ level 35 (I know I have a ways to go), but I wanna increase the XP I get per floor and I'm not sure when to do that. I've been researching on resetting/prestige/rushing but I still don't quite get it. I only get around 1.3-1.5k xp per floor and I've seen other people say they get like 8k a floor and more. What am I doing wrong? Am I supposed to go to the highest floor I can (which is about 18 I think) and then reset? And when I do reset, what am I supposed to do afterwards?

Hello, and welcome to TIF! For your level that experience sounds about accurate, actually. As you level up more, experience will pick up quite rapidly. In terms of prestige, you want to check off each floor exactly once, then reset and repeat all over again. You can do the floors in any order you want, but say increasing order may be more convenient. Make sure you do every floor before resetting though, or you'll miss out on a good chunk of experience for the whole next run of floors.

If you want to increase your experience per floor, you can open all the doors and kill everything in sight, but neither of these (and particularly the latter) do not really increase your experience/hr rate. When you get to higher Dungeoneering levels, you can also do medium floors for better XP on your highest floors, but since you are (I assume) new to Dungeoneering, sticking to small floors is probably best for the time being.

In addition, you might want to check out a Distraction and Diversion by the name of Sinkholes which can help you out with Dungeoneering XP a couple times a day. Hopefully that helps :).

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Hello, and welcome to TIF! For your level that experience sounds about accurate, actually. As you level up more, experience will pick up quite rapidly. In terms of prestige, you want to check off each floor exactly once, then reset and repeat all over again. You can do the floors in any order you want, but say increasing order may be more convenient. Make sure you do every floor before resetting though, or you'll miss out on a good chunk of experience for the whole next run of floors.

If you want to increase your experience per floor, you can open all the doors and kill everything in sight, but neither of these (and particularly the latter) do not really increase your experience/hr rate. When you get to higher Dungeoneering levels, you can also do medium floors for better XP on your highest floors, but since you are (I assume) new to Dungeoneering, sticking to small floors is probably best for the time being.

In addition, you might want to check out a Distraction and Diversion by the name of Sinkholes which can help you out with Dungeoneering XP a couple times a day. Hopefully that helps :).

Thank you for the advice!!! I appreciate it. 

The best fastest exp is opening all doors. So effectively having a map without ? marks.

To go about doing that you need to understand how the path works. The path is all the rooms that are needed to be opened to get to boss. All these rooms are scaled towards you and have a fixed variable skill level requirement within around 10 levels under a given skill. Watch the exp they give you if it's high it will "likely" be path. If you can't do it it's defintely not path. Note that a level 90 door of any skill = the exp of any other level 90. If a skill is lower than another skill its path door will be giving less exp than that skill would be getting.

Anything that isn't path is bonus, however they should be done too if possible. You don't do them first because path is guaranteed progression and it's very likely a bonus door will require keys further in the path that you would get anyways.

Focus on doing rooms that would defintely dead end > path > whatever possible. Gatestone doors you can't do yet. Skip known bonus rooms that might be too long like barrels, especially if it would dead end after that. Rooms that you need higher levels are open to your Herblore/Divination level and the skill level itself on top of that your ability to make the potions/portents fast. If you can't do a bonus room faster than a half minute or so for every room that you could possibly miss you should skip.

• Like 1

The best fastest exp is opening all doors. So effectively having a map without ? marks.

To go about doing that you need to understand how the path works. The path is all the rooms that are needed to be opened to get to boss. All these rooms are scaled towards you and have a fixed variable skill level requirement within around 10 levels under a given skill. Watch the exp they give you if it's high it will "likely" be path. If you can't do it it's defintely not path. Note that a level 90 door of any skill = the exp of any other level 90. If a skill is lower than another skill its path door will be giving less exp than that skill would be getting.

Anything that isn't path is bonus, however they should be done too if possible. You don't do them first because path is guaranteed progression and it's very likely a bonus door will require keys further in the path that you would get anyways.

Focus on doing rooms that would defintely dead end > path > whatever possible. Gatestone doors you can't do yet. Skip known bonus rooms that might be too long like barrels, especially if it would dead end after that. Rooms that you need higher levels are open to your Herblore/Divination level and the skill level itself on top of that your ability to make the potions/portents fast. If you can't do a bonus room faster than a half minute or so for every room that you could possibly miss you should skip.

So how long should it take me to do a floor? Right now I'm doing abandoned and it took me 20 mins total, I got 2.3k xp, but when I did a floor before that I got a little over 900 xp and I did it under 9 minutes, I opened all the doors and did the boss. 

Should I rush them or not? I do C6 small/med. Also when should I reset my ring? I'm doing floors 12 to 17. Do I reset after 17? 

Reset when you can no longer do a higher floor. The highest floor you can do is your dg level divided by 2 rounded up. For level 35, this would be 35/2 = 17.5 -> 18. As you level up more, you will unlock higher floors, but you need to do your highest accessible floor for it to show up. For example, if only 1-17 are showing up for you, when you complete floor 17, you should subsequently unlock floor 18.

Floors can be done a lot faster than what you mentioned, but don't worry, it took me those kind of times when I started too :P. You should try and take advantage of using your group gatestone and gatestone as well, as they can save you time when you need to go get a key, then come back to open that door again.

Rushing is up to you. Personally I rushed floors and found it to be more efficient in xp gain in the long run, but opening a few more quick rooms won't hurt either. 

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

So how long should it take me to do a floor? Right now I'm doing abandoned and it took me 20 mins total, I got 2.3k xp, but when I did a floor before that I got a little over 900 xp and I did it under 9 minutes, I opened all the doors and did the boss. 

Should I rush them or not? I do C6 small/med. Also when should I reset my ring? I'm doing floors 12 to 17. Do I reset after 17? 

You get lower amount of experience if you are redoing a floor if the theme of said floor are all completed or ticked.

As a beginner, good times to aim for are about 10-12 minutes, that is once you got the hang of it. If you only want to complete the main Path to boss, you should take notice of the skilling doors exp drops. If they are quite high in relation to other skilling door exp drops, those are the main Path doors and thus what we call Critical. The room beyond this door is required to get to the boss. The other way around, if the doors have a relatively low exp drop, the rooms behind are all bonus and thus not required to finish the dungeon. Next to that it is good to remember that if you have a room that requires higher stats than you have, the rooms beyond that point are also all bonus.

If you got any questions, by all means ask ;)!

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.