96 herb worth it?

Polnar

So I logged in for the first time in about 4 years this week and the 40m or so I spent on supplies back then is now worth more like 170 and will get me to 96 as well as the extremes for over 1000 overloads. I also have the resources for 92 prayer.

So I just want a current understanding of the relative importance of different things now. Would the resources achieve more if I bought certain items or went into other skills? 

Polnar.png

I would say they're both still worth it and that there aren't really any better initial investments. I would though say its not worth getting 92 prayer but rather you should go straight for 95, I would also personally prioritise 95 prayer over 96 herblore, if money is tight you can always just get 94 herblore and easily boost to make any overloads you need. 

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

As Cheat mentioned you can boost for those overloads - 2 levels reliably from a god banner, or up to 7 from pulse cores, if you're lucky. 95 prayer can help quite a bit, depending on what you want to do, but it is going to cost a good chunk of cash from level 70, assuming your stat signature is current. If you are clever/patient there are also ways to train Herblore more slowly, but for free or even profit - for example from herbs to summoning potions made me a good sum a while ago.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Thanks for the advice, I've decided to get 94 and use a banner. In addition to your arguments, this means that the xp gained from the 1000 overloads will contribute to reaching 96 rather than being a 'pointless' surprlus (towards a cape). I already have 10k infernal ashes and need a further ~20k (30k total) for 95 prayer. The savings from the herb adjustment more than pay for that.

Also, I'm learning the EoC combat system slowly through slayer but would love to be pointed in directions for help using it at places like the GWD. I'm active in game if anyone wants to hit me up, (my old friends have gone).

Polnar.png

Thanks for the advice, I've decided to get 94 and use a banner. In addition to your arguments, this means that the xp gained from the 1000 overloads will contribute to reaching 96 rather than being a 'pointless' surprlus (towards a cape). I already have 10k infernal ashes and need a further ~20k (30k total) for 95 prayer. The savings from the herb adjustment more than pay for that.

Also, I'm learning the EoC combat system slowly through slayer but would love to be pointed in directions for help using it at places like the GWD. I'm active in game if anyone wants to hit me up, (my old friends have gone).

Uhm, Prayer will not work on BXPW. The only prayer related thing that works is Seren Crystals.

EDIT: if you were not aware, this upcoming weekend most experience gained is doubled between Friday noon till Monday noon GMT.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Uhm, Prayer will not work on BXPW. The only prayer related thing that works is Seren Crystals.

EDIT: if you were not aware, this upcoming weekend most experience gained is doubled between Friday noon till Monday noon GMT.

Though worth noting Seren Crystals on BXPW are insanely good for cheap afk prayer xp.

1 Crystal is 110k for 9,800 xp

Have a stash of bonus xp - 110k for 19,600 xp

First age set for 6% bonus - 20,188 xp

3% more for clan ava with skilling buff - 20,482xp (294)

5% for perfect plus/prayer juju - 20,972xp

DXPW 100% boon 30,772xp

And that's kind of your base rate fairly easy to obtain reliable xp rate, other add-on possibilities include:

Get a clan ava at the temple for another 3% - 31,066xp

Use your Wisdom Aura and/or Supreme Salvation/Harmony/Corruption for a burst of 2.5% pushes it to 31,311xp

VOS occurring nets an extra 20% 33,271xp

Pulse cores can add a further 10% 34,251 xp

Aka you can reliably get 3.6gp per xp rates, that can push towards 3.2gp per xp - comparatively the absolutely cheapest normal prayer training (gilded, not ecto) is 5.6gp per xp using Accursed Ashes, anything remotely close to decent xp rates (ie baby drag bones or up, exlcuding the weird bones u cant really buy) ranges from 10.64gp/xp to 22.74gp/xp

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Also if you eventually get into Prif, with 97 Herblore (95 from banner) you can mix 4 dose overloads with 4 dose prayer renewals and a crystal flask to make 6-dose holy overloads, which give overload + prayer renewal effect combined, giving you more experience.

I'm messaging you in-game but what are your best weapons/armor? GWD isn't as hard these days but it's less efficient with lower tiered weaponry.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I'm aware that bonus xp prayer training isn't affected by dxp. 

No idea what a seren crystal is and only have 23k bonus xp tanked, not really sure how to build this up?

Sorry Arceus, haven't noticed your messages.

Polnar.png

Seren crystals are content unlocked in the Elf city of Prifddinas where you can train prayer essentially afk. Bonus XP is in general accumulated from Treasure Hunter and from the occasional promotion or event that Jagex runs, like the 15th anniversary party they had all last month. You can hope to get a little off daily Treasure Hunter keys but (with a few exceptions, notably some minigames like Heist and Barbarian Assault) you can't really farm it.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png