Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is there a point?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Nietzsche
[ Display Name History ]

Nietzsche

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P

i hit play runescape and it just opens my nxt client. Which would be fine i guess if it auto resized the game to fit within the window of swift kit to allow it to still be used at the same time. As it stands i dont see a point :(

Marius
[ Display Name History ]

Marius

Bear Fur

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 273 posts
  • RSN:Strifariz

Hi,

This is somewhat expected behavior, as it stands we do not officially support the NXT client at this time, only the old RuneScape client (this has to do with how the NXT client is layered, which makes it inconvenient to try and use like we normally would)

Nietzsche
[ Display Name History ]

Nietzsche

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts

Hi,

This is somewhat expected behavior, as it stands we do not officially support the NXT client at this time, only the old RuneScape client (this has to do with how the NXT client is layered, which makes it inconvenient to try and use like we normally would)

Hmm so from that i would come to the conclusion that if im an RS3 player swiftkit would be useless for the time being. Damn ohwell any realistic time frame for when or if this is even being worked on? 

Funny what got me really interested is the phone app you guys made even got the paid one :P

NobleK
[ Display Name History ]

NobleK

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • RSN:Noble K
  • RSN2:Korhedron2
  • RSN '07:Noble K
  • Clan:RuneHQ

Hi,

Hmm so from that i would come to the conclusion that if im an RS3 player swiftkit would be useless for the time being. Damn ohwell any realistic time frame for when or if this is even being worked on? 

Funny what got me really interested is the phone app you guys made even got the paid one :P

You could try doing without the NXT graphics? You can still do almost everything in the Legacy Client that you can in the NXT Client, apart from a few things such as that Yak in Priff city center...

Regards,

N.K.

"Give me 100 Space Marines, or failing that give me 1000 other troops!" - Rogal Dorn, Primarch of the Imperial Fists.

Nietzsche
[ Display Name History ]

Nietzsche

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts

The word legacy still baffles me. I know you can use legacy combat or legacy layout, but a literal client? where do i get this...diddnt think you could still get it from jagex

Nietzsche
[ Display Name History ]

Nietzsche

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts

ok i just never scrolled down on their download page < yes i derped < yes i found it < ty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users