Spore; the best game ever?

Turbobart

My biggest now is, how much space will this take up?

They said hundreds of thousands of worlds, possibly millions. The base game alone before downloading other races and stuff from other people will probably take more space than any PC game ever created. I'm guessing 8 to 10 gig. Then once you start getting to other races, who knows...

That was my concern as well.. Frankly I wouldn't mind using that much space, 'cause it looks like an incredible game, but..

They were talking about how every creature was created using the same script, so I'm sure other parts of the game are like that as well, and if that's the case, it may not be as large as we think...

IRKAa.jpg

Been waiting for this game for a long time. Looking pretty impressive, its the first time ive seen videos of it, but ill belive it when i see it.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Wow.. It's not too-often that a genre-shattering game like that comes out..

The only thing I'm mildly worried about is, how is it performance-wise? How much space will all of that information take? Will it take 20 minutes to load the galaxy graphics?

Other than that, it looks like more fun than any game I've seen in a while. I'm a sucker for games where you get to upgrade and create your own stuff..

ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s what's so good about the game, it won't need much space at all since all that information is made through an algorithm (I have relatively high-tech FPS demo on my computer that takes up 95kb based on a similar process). Performance is another issue; it looked like there was lag on the computer at the presentation when he took certain actions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procedural_synthesis