does any one know?

swordofurza

so i've been a member for a long time and i hang out at seer's vil. most of the time fletching and cutting trees. when im in the bank i see people buying magic logs....why? they are 1k ea and thats not worth burning them so i assume people fletch them.....why?....do they alch the bows or sell em to people? if they alch them how much do magic shorts alch for? and how much do longs alch for?....thnx

They can do many things.

-They could buy them for 1k and try to resell for 1.1k and make a nice little profit through merchanting.

-They could buy the logs and strings, make a bow and sell it to people to make a little profit and exp.

-They could buy the logs and make a bow then alc it with nats they bought/made to keep it about even while getting fletching and magic exp.

Kaejer.png

They alch longs, as they are profitable (unless you pay high prices for all materials).

Longs alch for 1536.

Shorts are 768... therefore... not profitable.

Shorts alch for 960, actually...

...Anyways. If you buy the materials for the following prices, you'll get not only a little bit of profit, but lots of feltching and magic experience in the process:

Magic Logs for 1,000 Gp.

Bowstrings for 150-200 Gp each.

Natures for 300 Gp each.

Total Cost for Materials: 1,450-1,500 Gp.

Alching Price: 1,536

Total Profit: 36-86 Gp per bow.

So yes...they are profitable...though people don't really do it for the cash...they do it for the experience.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Been a member a long time? You don't get out much do you?

Alc'n is the way to get your Mage XP up and since you break even and or make money... your paying yourself for xp... Better then spending 300 per law or Soul rune (Splashin Stun)

So it's good xp that pays for itself and get out from under the tree...explore RS more bud