A Day in the Life of "Noob" [56k Warning!]

TheAncient

One day, I was bored.

And what do you do when youre bored? You make noob accounts. Woohoo. So I made a noob, with the intention of a) using it for pking and B) re-doing the f2p quests as it's been a couple years since I did them.

The experience was rather... interesting. I had level 20's calling me noob out of the blue (it was rather amusing, actually), a really tough time with cash (10k, which I would throw away on my main in an instant, became like more than life's worth :shock: ). I also remember this one level 4 that followed me for an indefinite period of time. I met him in Varrock, when he asked "Can someone take me to place to start Rune Mysteries Quest?" I thought it began in the wiz tower, and I was going there anyway so I told him to follow. Halfway there, I realized it started in Varrock, so I told him to go back (politely) and I gave him directions. He refused to go back, and said "bring me there I pay." He ended up offering 7 gp. Varrock was by now a couple minutes away, and plus I need to go to wiz tower anyway. I politely told him that for his own sake he should stop following me, but for some reason he wanted to annoy me? I dont know why. So he followed me as I finished over 3 quests. I was somewhat fed up, as he kept on repeating the phrase "bring i pay pzpz" (pz = plz?). Finally I messed around with ladders until he lost my position, and I ran (I swear it was quicker than normal...) to Doric's house. He threatened to report me (and I think he did) for "wasting his time" - in other words, he wanted to report me for him choosing to follow me around. Apparently that must be a serious offense, why else would he report me :lol:

Another interesting event was pking. At level 11, I could hit 8. So basically I could 2-hit anyone. Some people, though, are just ridiculous - I joined a two-person team when they were fighting a 3-person team. All of a sudden the two-person team attacks me while we're fighting the 3-person team. I thought it was an accident until they started screaming "KILL WOOHOO". Odd thing was, they were still being attacked, and probably could have been killed, by the 3-person team while they were killing me. Some crazy PKing logic, there.

I did learn some things. Pretty minute details though.

-There are two penguins in runescape. Their alias is "The Thing"

-Easter Eggs aren't bad for food.

-Do lots of quests at once, you can do things for 5 quests in one visit to a city.

-Stews heal 11 hp, and they only require 25 cooking. Good food for PKers, as you can get 25 cooking easily and making stew isnt too inconvenient.

-You can survive the Blurite mining section of Knight's sword as a level 3. All you have to do is use the sides of the cave, and use the little mounds of ice to block you from warriors.

-It's a really good idea to train on Tut. Island. Free stuff, everythings close together, and you can never die.

-If you're low on cash, and you're a mage Pker, buy normal staffs at 15 gp or magic staffs at 200 gp. You can still do the autocast feature on both staffs. The normal staff's stats are only a slight bit off from the elemental staves, but hey they're 1.5k difference in price. Magic staves have same stats as elemental staves.

-Fortunado is somewhat convenient for food.

-There's a portrait in Draynor Manor whose eyes follow you around when you change camera angle. When you examine it says "Its eyes follow you around" :?

Accomplishments:

-32 Quest Points at Level 11 (I could have gotten it probably lvl 5 or something)

-Started dragonslayer at Level 11

-1 to 29 smithing in a matter of 2 seconds. =D I love xp bonuses in quests.

-Creating a mage pker

060413deadmanonthebeach2pb.jpg

Cause everyone loves to see dead men on the beach

060413eaten0ma.jpg

Comforting.

060413goblin0eb.jpg

Inside that ugly skin there is a beautiful feminine goblin.

060413penguin19gv.jpg

The penguins are so powerful they create jagex inconsistencies.

060413penguin22kt.jpg

The Thing has been revealed.

060413penguin37vz.jpg

ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s attacking me.

060413penguin52ui.jpg

Devious.

060413romeo14dr.jpg

Hahaha.

060413romeo29ip.jpg

Romeo looks so drunk. Sounds like that old familiar phrase, eh?

060413twoevilchickens5aw.jpg

Owned.

Share YOUR noob stories. :D

Edit: there are lots of really interesting things in quests now. If I remember correctly Romeo and Juliet actually has 2 or 3 cutscenes :?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

yeah text is really slow to download on a 56k modem

Dang right.

Haha no I'm just slow in editing my screens :?

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Wait wait wait.... They added a cutscene to Romeo and Juliet?

Hot dog I might make a noob account just to go see that.

chompysigpleaseswork.png

You only have to type four extra keys for me to not think "ur" an idiot.

solardeathray.teensupergenius.com

Hahaha, that was really fun to read. I'm glad you were a good sport with the noob (what on Earth compells them to do things like that?) .

And also, did you get any pictures of the noob?

No, unfortunately I was too busy on AIM :lol:

sigcopyaf.png

Wait wait wait.... They added a cutscene to Romeo and Juliet?

Hot dog I might make a noob account just to go see that.

Hehe me too :)

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Just did romeo on a noob, theres now 3 cutscenes

- When u first talk to Father Lawrence (very small)

- When juliet drink the potion

- When Romeo and u goes to the crypt

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Kudos, that was a very funny thread. Noob PKers... :lol: Made me laugh out loud several times. Making a n00b seems more rewarding now, I think. Looks a lot of fun. Problem is I'd be low on funds :? maybe making a mage would be too much hard work for me, I'm happy with my (still fairly nooby) level 61 warrior :) Some people ought to listen, the guy who followed you seems really persistent. I am quite surprised the extent of his persistence, in fact. Why people don't see the world map button is beyond me. See how low a level you can beat Elvarg at :D would be interesting.