Slayer Arena

Bellatrix

I've been toying with that idea for a long time - so here is my offer for a special slayer arena. please read and make your comments.

Indtroduction, or: Why do we need it

A special Arena for Slayers is needed, up to my opinion, to be used as both Enterteinment (A different way of training) and Reward to good and hard-working slayers. Like the agility arean, it can be a way to train slayer a bit differently from time to time (Important thing in a skill that its training is quite routine like slayer). If made and used properly, It can both offer rewards that will make the life of medium and high level slayers more easy - and still, will not break the game's balance.

Location: I offer to make it in an isolated place, and like the essence mine - the way to approach is talk to one of the slayer masters and asked to be teleported there (anoter option: place it in a maze under the dueling arena, or deep in the desert).

The Arena will be as following:

One big enrtrance cave, which will contain:

1. A banker Npc

2. Slayer shop that will sell all the slayer equipment (like any slayer master) + some usefull things like cooked lobbies/swordies, arrows, runes, etc.

3. A Npc that will trade your slayer Tickets for special goods or exp (see later).

In addition: There are 4 [bleep]ed Steel gats leading to the task rooms. Each Slayer master (except the Burthop one) has his/her own gate.

How and When Do we get there:

The Offered Arena cannot be used by anyone and anytime. Though any player will be able to enter, the task rooms (see later) will be opened only for the proper slayer who gained the right to do an "Arena task".

How you gain the right? Any player that will finish 3 tasks for a specific slayer master (except the burthop one) - without burthoping or going to another master for a task, will gain the right to do one arena task, in the name of his slayer master.

For example: I Went to Vannaka in edgville, and he assigned me to kill 67 Ogres, then 89 Crocodiles, and then 70 Werewolves, and I completed all 3 task without going to the Burthop master (or any other master) in the middle. When I talk to Vannaka after the 3rd task, there will be a new option: To ask for an Arena task, If I will do it, Vannaka will give me a special key that will unlock (once, then crumble) the gate into his hall in the arena.

Checking and prepearing for the task:

Right before each gate, there is an orb that you can use your slayer gem on it. When U do it, You will be able to look inside (similar to the fight caves) and see what creatures await inside (To take the right equipment ofcourse).

The Task begins when you use the key on the gate, and ends whenever you leave the task hall in anyway (run back trough the gate, tele, or die). The Task will also end when you will reach a kill-count of 250 (see later). You can take any food, weapon or items inside - except for a cannon, which is not permited there. Note, that there are no restocks or bank-trips: whenever you get out, from any reason, the task ends and you cannot go back (untill you get a new key, and a new task).

The Tasks:

Slayer Arena is tough. Each task-hall will contain 3 kinds of monsters, chosen randomaly in the following method:

1. The game will choose a fitting creature, just as it does when the specific slayer master gives you a regular task - But it will never be abouve lv100. There will be 3 spawns of that creature in the hall.

2. The Game will choose a kind of lesser creature, weaker then the previous one. There will be 6 spawns of that lesser creature in the hall.

3. The game will choose a strong creature, significantly stronger then the others. There will be 1 spawn of it in the room.

For example: I got a key from the canifis master, so the game choose a creatuer as if I was doing a regular canifis task - and it happenes to be a loar shade.

Then, The game choose the weaker creature ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ And the result is lv24 zombies.

Last, The game choose the single deadly foe (In terms of the master I got the key from), and the reasult is a lv-110 Ashyian shade.

So In the hall I will find 6 spawns of lv24 zombies, 3 spawns of loar shades, and 1 spawn of a deadly lv-100 shade.

Now Take a Tougher Example - The shilo master can choose me a task of abberant spectures (3 spawns), and add the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅlesserÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

L.Bellatrix.png

Slayer: 85/85, Herblore: 82/82, Farming 81/82, def 99/99.

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Dragon drops: 4 half shields, 2 dragon spears | whip drops: 5.

barrow drops: Ahrim's hood

I like it, so I'll support. However, this brings up the debate over the fact that slayer is just like the combat skills! And what would happen with players that had high slayer, but relatively low combat stats. Anything?

I do support it, though, like I said :)

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

Thanks for the support and comments :-)

As for the possibility of high level slayer with low combat stat - its unlikely to happen, though it can be if someone just makes thousands of tasks for the burthop master.

In the long run, there is no way around it - high slayer goes with high combat level. When you do tasks, you train combat. Moreover, Slayer will meet sooner or later with many foes with magic-based attack, so training also range level (for dragonhides) and mage (for magic defense) is a must.

A Melee-only player who do slayer will be forced to Burthop so many tasks, so It will be nearly impossible for him to get arena key from an high-level slayer master.

L.Bellatrix.png

Slayer: 85/85, Herblore: 82/82, Farming 81/82, def 99/99.

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Dragon drops: 4 half shields, 2 dragon spears | whip drops: 5.

barrow drops: Ahrim's hood

great idea...when i first read the title i thought "oh great another not detailed idea..." when i read the entire thing it was just the opposite! good suggestion.