conned by a mate

trebor4312

when i began members a few months ago i was a nooby lvl40 with no clue and only a few k of gp in the bank after the intial excitement i wondered what i should be doing and then my mate offered a soloution at the time i thought this was a brilliant soloution he offered to buy 1k glass of me for 500k this would mean i would have about 10 the most money ive ever had before so i accepted. by the time i sold him the glass the price had settled to about 300k and (what he told me was) 200k of items (i now know it was about 150k) so anyway i sell the items and am perfectly happy with the trade. until about half an hour ago id forgotten it completely so im picking flax and i get this message:

him:"i think its been long enough for me to tell you ths"

me: a bit suspicious "tell me what?"

him: "first want you to know i dont owe you anything ok?"

me: getting more suspicious "ok now what to you want to tell me"

him: "i owe you nothing right"

me: very supicious and inquisetive "ok you owe me nothing now what are you gunna tell me"

him: "well you know that glass you sold me for 500k?"

me: "yes"

him: "well i sold it on"

me: "how much for"

him; "i dont owe you a thing though cos you agreed to sell it to me"

me: "how much for"

him:"1k ea"

anyway i was able to laugh it off but he seemed seriously scared i would hurt him (even though hes stronger than me in rs and real life) but i just geuss it goes to show you cant trust anyone still were still friends i just know to check the price of items before i ever sell them to him again

ahahaha IMA A IDIOT

cant argue there mate
Real world? *looks around confuzzled* Real world?!? :ohnoes:

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

have now quit rs :-( (but i still browse these forums :-)

~ Spam

no............^ spam

on-topic you cant trust many people in runescape once in a while youll find that rare one that you know you can trust other than that you should try checking before beleiveing anything someone tells you.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Looks like a story to me, not spam. Spam is stupid and pointless. Just because you don't like his story does not mean it's worthless.

I get fed up of people posting that on every topic I read... it's one of the reasons I don't bother with posting much on here as it is just full of idiots.

[/Flame]

Anyway, nice little story- I can say I admit that happened to me just with something else... also I did it to someone aswell ( my brother :oops: ) gave him laws to telegrab zammy wines and sold them for 1k ea... 300Gp-->1K

Made me like 5m off them lol :roll:

I've been on both side of the story I can say after hte experiences I wouldn't do/fall for it again. 8)

So are you going to start posting stories about how a merchant bought your bowstrings for 150 each and sold them for 170 each?

1. lol its funny you should say that cos im making bow strings at the mo

2. no cos i now what hes gunna use em for its not like your mate who by the way told me he was using em for crafting

ahahaha IMA A IDIOT

cant argue there mate

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

I don't know why he was so worried, you can't ban someone for buying something for a cheap price then selling it higher, it's called merchanting :lol:

If i'd been him I wouldn't of told you, what you don't know can't hurt you right?

I don't know why he was so worried, you can't ban someone for buying something for a cheap price then selling it higher, it's called merchanting :lol:

If i'd been him I wouldn't of told you, what you don't know can't hurt you right?

true i probly would of prefered to carry on in blissfull ignorance

ahahaha IMA A IDIOT

cant argue there mate

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

I pay two prices:

Premium - I will pay market prices, forum prices, outrageous prices for something that I need or desire greatly.

Normal - I will pay what I can afford to be able to make a fair profit for the work involved.

For example: I buy molten glass at 500 ea max. Why? because that is all it is worth to me. The work required to hop worlds for 1k b staves, enchant 1k air orbs, and do all the crafting then alching is not worth a less than 1k profit each to me. If you want to sell it to somebody else (which has happened plenty of times) then feel free but I'm not paying a dime over 500 ea unless it becomes a premium product for me (which HAS happened at 79.9 craft lvl lol). I say very clearly that "I pay 500 ea but you can get more elsewhere" and have 81 craft from about 50% dhides 50% air b staves.

They would not do the work if they did not feel that the wage was worthwhile. Heck half the time they pay somebody to gather the seaweed 100 ea to save them time. As long as everybody feels that they got what they deserved for the work that they did then it doesn't hurt anyone.

Side-note: It IS wrong however to trick somebody by making fake threads, having friends pm them, etc. etc.

This guy obviously felt that he was maliciously decieving you and therefore SHOULD feel guilty for doing so. I, on the other hand, have a clear conscious when I pay the price that the object is worth to ME.

Edit: Hey look I am in another person's sig, go me lol. :P

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!