ryderj716

What stats and items should I get? My skills are:

71 Attack

53 Strength

74 Defence

70 Hitpoints

60 Prayer

68 Magic

62 Range (I'll get 70 and black d'hide before I go)

What food, pots, weapons and runes should I bring, and how do you reccomend I kill the brothers?

And one more thing is that I won't train my strength no matter what, so don't suggest I do.

1690 total and unranked strength. Headed for 1800.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

I like the irony (no wait, paradoxicality) in how there's a spelling error in this sig.

Heh, I've been studying that guide down to the last comma, I think I can handle the melee brothers but I'm worried about Karil and Ahrim.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

I like the irony (no wait, paradoxicality) in how there's a spelling error in this sig.

You don't need 70 ranged. Why would you worry about karil and ahrim? Although, if you have black hides Ahrim wont hit you really often when your prayer runs out.

I'd say your stats are fine. Just use magic on all the brothers except ahrim.

And why won't you train strength? :P

I don't understand...

I've been planning on getting 70 ranged for a while so I might as well before I go to Barrows, and I won't train strength because I don't want it ranked, my goal is the highest total without str ranked.

So can someone tell me what to wear/eat/drink/do on each brother? I've never been there before.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

Recharge on prayer, go to dharok, own him with mage will MELEE prayer ON (you must kill him with full prayer, and kill him while you have it, he can hit up to 58, i tasted a 50 once and nearly bit his shoe dust)

Then mage Karil with your leftover prayer, and then verac (you should have some left over if you used some prayer boosting equip)

Then comes the easy bits

Gunthan, mage him with MAGE while wearing MELEE armor. his mage defence is so bad that you can still own him with -30 magic attack bonus (if can call it a bonus :P)

Same thing with torag, just be careful of your health

Then equip bow and d hide, and kill ahrim unprayered. be careful at your level though as he can be a bit nasty when it comes to hitting.

ALWAYS leave a tunnel brother last. If ANY of the first 3 brothers are a tunnel brother, MAKE SURE you kill the other 2 with prayer, and fight the last one WITH prayer. (bring 1 to 2 prayer pots for this occasion)

I wear prayer boost equip on the first 3, melee on the second 2 and ranged on the last

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I thought that for Guthan (If not all the melee brothers) I should use a safe spot and then Slayer Dart him to death, do you think that would work well?

Because Guthan can heal through your prayer I thought a safe spot would be best.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

With melee armor and decent defence (yours is pretty close to mine), they can hardly ever hit you, so gunthan cant actually heal (because they have to deal damage). They will heal through prayer, but not armor. Indeed gunthan and torag are ideal to have as a tunnel brother due to safespots, but they are very manageable without. Prayer is not needed against either of them (for the record, i used rune plate, legs and kite against gunthan and torag, they cant really hit me enough for me to worry about them. ahrim dealt the most damage over the career)

BUT Dharock and Verac are completely different. Because Dharok hits for a motherload of damage and Verac can ignore your armor. Pray on the first 3, that last 3 are completely optional.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

So you don't suggest safe spots? Is it better just to be next to them?

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

safe spots dont work in the crypts, as there is none and you cant shoot over the coffins. So in order for you to hit them, all the melee brothers must be also meleeing you.

tim_chenw2.png

All of that is good advice but I would suggest killing ahrim before guthans and torag if you plan on meleeing a kill count over 10. Since he lowers your attack and strength they will have a little while to recover while you own t and g. Dharoks hits about as often as the other lesser melee brothers but due to his huge max it is ALWAYS best to pray. Once you have defense upwards of 90 and balls of steel you can always try sidestepping him but that should be at least 200 runs in the future, lol. Verac and Kharil are the two who will cost you loads of food if you don't pray but are otherwise not that dangerous to sidestep (with mage).

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

safe spots dont work in the crypts, as there is none and you cant shoot over the coffins. So in order for you to hit them, all the melee brothers must be also meleeing you.
Ah, so you can't cast over the sidestep spots shown in the guide,

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

unfortunately not. The side step is used as a safety spot to eat food, not cast over, hence why barrows are dangerous to the unprepared.

tim_chenw2.png

I knew it semed too easy =P.

About how many Prayer pots do you think i'll need each trip getting to the vhest only once?

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

Ok, I think I know what to do(in order), Monk's Robes and Initiate Helm for prayer bonus on Dharock while slayer darting, then mage Karil and Verac the same way, after that kill Ahrim with no prayer wearing full black dhide. After that kill Guthan and/or Torag with no prayer, but full rune on.

Is that right?

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

ok i'm kinda the same levels as you except higher range and mage... this is how i do it...

equiped:

ahrims hood

ahrims top

ahrims bottom

slayer staff

zammy book

zammy cape

mystic gloves

mystic boots

100ish rune arrows

inventory:

rune plate

rune legs

black dhide top

black dhide chaps

d scimmy

magic short

obby shield

spade

death runes (amount varies...)

mind runes (amount varies...)

ectophial

8 prayer pots

1 super restore

rest lobbies

and heres what i do...

kill dharock, then verac, then karil with prayer using slayer dart

kill guthan with prayer except wear obby shield instead of zammy book

kill torag with slayer dart, no prayer, eating wen req.

kill ahrim with ranged equipment on, no prayer, eating wen req.

go into tunnels, get kill count to 11 first (using melee armour and d scimmy) before finding the last brother (unless he appears before getting 11 kills)

kill the last brother check chest and run out... drink 2 doses of prayer and a dose of super restore and then repeat

this usually gets me 3 runs with a pot left over just incase i mess up somewhere lol

ive only done around 40 runs but this seems to work well for me, im gonna try killing guthan without prayer to see if i can...

btw if you're really unconfident either dont bother doing it or just do a whole run using prayer on all the brothers so you know what your doing then try without on the brothers that i have said, this will probly take bout 4 pots max to pray on them all (took me 3.5 pots my first try using prayer throughout)

99 Range - 88 Defence - 91 Hitpoints

99 Combat - 1650+ Total

That seems a bit too expensive for me (Zammy book is about a mil, 600k for the obby shield, plus the ahrims.)

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif