shall i do barrows?

mining_mat1

If you have 55 slayer then use slayer dart, otherwise you'll find it extremely hard and it will cost you a lot of money, and chances are you won't get a reasonable item for about 30 trips, unless you're one of those lucky people!

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

You can easily do it, though you won't make profit, it's still fun :)

I started barrows with 55 mage, 45 range, 50 def and 43 prayer. Much lower as you are and never had problems, just make sure you have enough prayer pots. I used fire bolt btw.

PS. There's a pretty good barrows guide for low level players at this forum, you should read it.

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

If you have 55 slayer then use slayer dart, otherwise you'll find it extremely hard and it will cost you a lot of money, and chances are you won't get a reasonable item for about 30 trips, unless you're one of those lucky people!

there is where yopur completely wrong. personally i use fire bolt, and i get back every single chaos. the spell only costs 60gp for me. i use chaos gaunts. barows is not hard at all without slayer dart . and it wont cost you alot of money if you dont use slayer dart either. i dont know where you got that from.

yes, go for it, barrows is EXTREMELY easy. slayer dart doesnt increase your chances of getting a barrows item either...

happiehour.jpeg

No, don't bother doing the barrows. You'll waste a lot of time and money on something that you're not certain to get.

lol rofl :roll: . dont listen to him he doesnt know what hes talking about, even if he does have 90 mage.

ps: if you actually calculated the runes + racks, you end up with a profit even without a barows item :roll: .

also dont pray on torag. i did barows at exactly your lvl and managed to not pray on torag every trip. same defence too. just bring 3 sharks or so for him. pray on him your first few trips tho, until you feel comfortable not praying on him. wear full rune + kite + your farseer helm while fighting him.

happiehour.jpeg

lol rofl :roll: . dont listen to him he doesnt know what hes talking about

Ok, so using Prayer on 5 out of 6 brothers won't waste you money?

Since you're not using Slayer Dart then you'll have to use modern or ancient mage. Both will be expensive, particularly Ancients.

Not to mention the high risk of dying due to your low combat level. Due to your Defence level, the finding of the chest will be very annoying as you can expect to take a lot of damage from the monsters.

Offline and unavailable.

lol rofl :roll: . dont listen to him he doesnt know what hes talking about

Ok, so using Prayer on 5 out of 6 brothers won't waste you money?

Since you're not using Slayer Dart then you'll have to use modern or ancient mage. Both will be expensive, particularly Ancients.

Not to mention the high risk of dying due to your low combat level. Due to your Defence level, the finding of the chest will be very annoying as you can expect to take a lot of damage from the monsters.

1. fire bolt is 60 gp per cast + chaos gaunts = a ton of 15's. also when using fire bolt you get chaos runes from the chest EVERY SINGLE time (atleast i did)

2. after his first few trips he should be able to cut it down to 3 prayer pots per trip (i did)

3. with a kc of 11 (thats preety much ideal because youll basically get your runes back) thats only about 1 or 2 lobs. wearing full rune your enemies will hit you only a few times; you will never receive 'alot' of damage (as long as your only killing the rats and such, higher level monsters do not increase your kc more)

4. as long as his IQ is above 10, finding the chest is not hard. all you do is run around until you find a door leading inward, then repeat that.

5. at the same exact level as him, i never died and made a profit off runes. i also ended up with guthans plate on 12th then quit for a bit.

6. his range + mage are much higher then mine, and he has 50 prayer, leading to a faster ahrim kill time and less prayer pots wasted.

done correctly, he should be able to cut it down to mabye even 2 and 1/2 pots per trip. since his stats are much better then mine when i did barrows, he wont have trouble unless hes just downright bad at autocasting and digging crypts...

happiehour.jpeg

This is all centered around you. You were very lucky (or clever) to avoid being killed at that level.

But if you're unsure of yourself or if you are looking for a quick fix, then the Barrows is not for you.

Offline and unavailable.

This is all centered around you. You were very lucky (or clever) to avoid being killed at that level.

But if you're unsure of yourself or if you are looking for a quick fix, then the Barrows is not for you.

i think skillful is the word =P. no such thing as luck (unless, ofcourse your talking about my guthats plate drop) when it comes to combat.

but honestly its not THAT hard xd

also everyone crowds around you wating for you to die. its kinda funny.

happiehour.jpeg

i think i might wait awile then, do some staking to get some gp, might even venture into the wild lol.

skip barrows untill i can be botherd to work on melee and have 50 slayer

dont stake or pk. youll get owned (no offence). make a def pure if you want to stake or a str pure to pk. unless your pking or staking for fun, your gona loose bigtime.

happiehour.jpeg

Really you can EASILY do barrows. It isn't that hard at all and as said, I did it whitout any troubles at a much lower level as you are. Just be sure to read some guides and watch out in the tunnels as your prayer gets drained, so as soon as your last barrow brother pops up you want to drink a prayer pot, put prayer on and drink another dose of prayer unless you can make it to one of the save spots of course (only vs melee bros). And be sure to learn the answers of the puzzles to the final room by head. The rooms with the puzzles are normally full of monsters and you really don't want to kill them all to be able to do the puzzles, there are only 4 of them so learning the answers isn't really hard.

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg