Tipit's GFX Competition #2 - Results posted

misterxman

Tipit's GFX Competitions Event

How to enter a competition:

Every week or so, a new theme will be posted here. Anyone can post a finished final gfx piece as their entry for the chance to win as the best skilled artist. Once the time is up (usually a week), the competition will be closed and all entries reposted in the first post. Artists may post in any style they wish to do, although winners will be split between Non-Objective and Objective styles.

People will judge the best entries by choosing an objective and a nonobjective piece they feel best fit the competition's theme. Judging posts must provide at least a short reason why they picked their entries over the others, or their posts won't count. Winners are picked by how many votes they get, with first place having the most votes, and so forth. Remember, when judging, it's not always about the best skill, but about creativity and how close to the theme the pic is. Entry submitters cannot vote from their own category, but can vote for another category.

Points will be given to winners for the rankings in this way, there will be a top 3 for Non-Objective and another top 3 for Objective, a total of 6 winners. An artist must have more than 0 points to get in the rankings:

First Place = 5

Second Place = 3

Third Place = 1

Lower than Third Place = 0

Points accumulate on your name as you win more competitions, raising you up the ranks against everyone else who has ever entered. There are two score rankings, it is possible to have a name in both and points will be added depending on what type of artwork won the points (Pixel -> Objective, Abstract -> Non-Objective, etc..).

Current Theme Options:

You can choose to make either one of these or make both. However, if you make both, you won't be able to vote for any opposite style. The only requirement for either besides the ones below is that you must include the title in the artwork, but you can explain which scene you chose to depict. These images must be from real movies and must be appropriate for Tipit Forums. I made the size req's the same as Tipit's max's in case you later want to use them for the forums. \'

Style: Pixel/Drawing/Painting

Theme: Movie Scene (Your choice)

Min Size: 80x80

Max Size: 450x175

Style: Abstract/Non-drawing

Theme: Movie Poster (Your choice)

Min Size: 80x80

Max Size: 450x175

Non-Objective Rankings:

1) Alduron - 6 points

2) axeraider70 - 5 points

3) Shadow_Wu - 3 points

4) princessa9 - 1 point

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Objective Rankings:

1) born2die - 8 points

2) Random - 5 points

3) kwimbob - 1 point

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Past First Place Winners:

POWER.jpg

By axeraider70 - Abstract - NonObjective Power

drago21ja.png

By Random - Pixel - Objective Power

petsemataryqv2.jpg

By Alduron - Abstract - Movies

donegg5.png

By born2die - Pixel - Movies

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

• 5 months later...

Results:

Non-Objective Votes:

LP (1 vote)

Ard_Choille (1 vote)

Alduron (6 votes)

das_masta238 (1 vote)

Stely (2 votes)

Objective Votes:

born2die (4 votes)

Points and rankings were awarded according to rules, thanks for playing. I'm slightly busier lately but hopefully will have a faster competition next time, which I'll open once new theme decided.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

You left the current theme the same or have you not gotten around to changing it yet? If not you might want to note that so someone doesn't go making one for one thats already finished

BTW i had a vote the last time i checked :XD: for qwality but oh well seeing as it was only 1 i guess i wouldn't have gotten any points anyways

• SUGGESTION!

:o

Tip.It GFX Events Team.

They help host, run and come up with new wacky ideas for The Gallery.

At the moment it seems to be just MXM and Alduron handling it all. I'm sure they could do with some help. ;)

yeah thats a great idea :P maybe make a voting for that 2?

taz3xk1.jpg

i wanna join!

and whats the next comp gonna be about? i wanna start it =)

PJB21

lol i wanna join to but i think there would be many people who want something like that, and as far i know, no1 has said this would become real :P

taz3xk1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about this being inactive, I'll have to continue with more themes when I can figure out to make it more efficient. That GFX events team is an idea I'll think about and talk with the other gallery mods, but for now I'l sticky the SotW topic as a nice alternative. :)

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art