Protect from ... and ... !! Andmaybesomeotherprayeridea's!

Finally, somone who actually agrees with me!! Technicly there aren't any combat classes, people have just come to accept "Warior, Ranger, Mage" as the three ways of playing RS. What sux is that people who think like that are so limited. I mean really, I also think Prayer should become a major way of playing. it isn't just a "side thing" that everyone ignores, a high level "Prayer Noob" can actually be pretty powerful, especially if they have high prayer and def.

Just read another thread in this area asking about a "stealth" skill. Though I don't think a new skill on this would be useful, but adding a "stealth" spell to prayer would be cool. And it would provide a true incentive to get your prayer skill up. Here's how it would work:

(Level 65 spell): You activate the spell and your image and dot becomes invisible to other players.

But wait! This spell costs you 1 prayer per 2 seconds of activation.

But wait! If another player's current prayer level is higher than your prayer level, they can SEE you!

One caveat: This spell can't be used if you are in castle wars and are carrying a flag.

Another caveat: This spell has no affect on NPC's and monsters.

One more caveat: If you say anything (in open chat), it immediately de-activates the spell.

Application: Treasure trail hunting in the wilderness... Need I say more?

- Sligo

I remember that thread, I suggested it. But WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY YOUR IDEA BACK THERE?!?!?!? Your version of the "Stealth Prayer" is way better than the other ppls. I think I just abandoned my idea of a "Stealth skill" and agree with you. It's an awesome idea, because it satisfies both sides of the argument. we should really approach jagex on this, because your idea is sounding better than mine.

Gee thanks! ;-)

I rarely have my own ideas (well, that's not totally true). But I often help people refine their ideas and make it into something that is do-able (from a programming sense) and doesn't unbalance the game too terribly much.

Also, since so many ideas have been suggested over the years, and so many variations, I can't really say if there is such a thing as an original idea anymore.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

Yeah, thats cool. I got this guy, "Toxicologist" who continues to think that the addition of any kind of stealth is bad....

I happen to disagree completely, but maybe he's a mage or something..

I hope he doesn't hunt me down now...mages are really tough....