PHP Login Script?

Joe

Hi,

I want to make a members area for a site of mine. I was wondering what the best way to do this is? I was thinking about using a password protection on a dictionary however does anyone have any other ideas or recommendations?

Joe. :D

[Admin Edit: Referral links are not permitted in signatures or posts]

Google for scripts. There are literally thousands of prewritten scripts to do this using both .txt flat files or a mysql database.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Thank you, I was just really asking if anyone currently uses any and can say there good and bad points etc!

Joe. :D

[Admin Edit: Referral links are not permitted in signatures or posts]

Thank you, I was just really asking if anyone currently uses any and can say there good and bad points etc!
Make sure the passwords are encrypted with MD5 hash

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You will need to learn how to use sessions (or cookies, to a lesser extent) & Interact with a MySQL database.

And please do not miss out data validition, which is basic security so that people cant get into your site by 'altering' search criteria. Good place to learn...

http://www.tutorialized.com and

http://www.phpfreaks.com

Oh and, Yes i currently use one for a little project i have.

Bad thing is that it requires a whole different way of looking at web-design, as soon as you give people the chance to submit their own data, you have to place Security as #1 importance. Before this you may have never thought that the user may be malicious, and it gives them a chance to 'abuse' your lack of experiance/knowledge.

But i supose that this oppurtunity to learn new things can be seen as a good thing!

PM if you need any further help here.

manipofsarahs1gg5.png

Bravenet is the answer for the beginner

~Parker

Learn to know what you are talking about before giving advice please.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi