Another f2p range pure question.

Kanati

How do youo f2p range pures do it? I am now range 18 and am in need of arrows. Money is not something I have been collecting when out ranging, so how do you afford your arrows? I am now down to 50 bronze arrows. I have always ranged things that I could pick up my arrows but the return is not the same as used.

Mostly what I have been ranging is dwarves. Been standing under the cliff and taking out the dwarves on top then from above taking the ones below. There is just no money in that. So what can I range at range lvl 18 combat 16, that will give me some cash flow to replenish my arrow supply?

Tsi Ani-Yunwiya

uug3d.gifwe972.gif

If i was you i would train till i can easely kill the hill giants. And the money you should start a bit of woodcutting. It earns very easy. Willows and oaks sell very fast.

peche707.png

2cht0ma.png

If i was you i would train till i can easely kill the hill giants. And the money you should start a bit of woodcutting. It earns very easy. Willows and oaks sell very fast.

How can I train till I can kill giants without any arrows? LOL

Hey Peche, when does Germany play next? I don't get much info due to channels not available.....

Tsi Ani-Yunwiya

uug3d.gifwe972.gif

Oh shoot, then I missed it..... On a side note, football is American sport, its futball. But I guess the loosing streak against Italy just got extended. I don't think they have ever beaten Italy in the world cup...

Back on topic, never would have thought that maintaining a stack of arrows, at 6gp a piece, would be so dang hard.........

Tsi Ani-Yunwiya

uug3d.gifwe972.gif

Oh shoot, then I missed it..... On a side note, football is American sport, its futball. But I guess the loosing streak against Italy just got extended. I don't think they have ever beaten Italy in the world cup...

Back on topic, never would have thought that maintaining a stack of arrows, at 6gp a piece, would be so dang hard.........

Yea, it was at the last minute of the half-finals when Italy scored, and another score after a min in the loss time.

You can train fish and fish lobbies, sell em, buy arrows, kill cows, bank hides, sell hdies, buy arrows, repeat. :)

94magesigid1.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=525348 - My Pking Gallery

I'M BACK FOR SUMMER BABY

It was in the last minutes that Germany lost. I tought more that they would win and would be in the finals with France :P

And i hate football but love futball is that it? :P

Cows are good sell cowhides at 15 ea. But still prefer the logs :P. Ye don't lose any arrows and only need an axe and some training time.

peche707.png

2cht0ma.png

Did you say sell hides at 15 each? I see people shouting in the banks selling them for 100 a piece. I always thought that was insane. I would rather spend the time collecting the hides rather than paying 100 per hide. I guess cow hides would be a good way to go. I was collecting them for myself but selling them right now is more of a necessity.

Dang, sounds like I missed a pretty good game. Usually if I know when a game is going to be played, I can look for it later that night on tape delay. And here I thought Germany would go on especially after that amazing overtime game ending in the penalty kicks. Sure they looked a little somber and even a little lazy but I figured the OT and penalty scare would have snapped them out of it and deffinatly going up again a foe like Italy with such a bad track record..... Oh I wish I could have seen it... #-o

Tsi Ani-Yunwiya

uug3d.gifwe972.gif

air rune running. world 16. easiest way is to do rune mysteries quest (takes 15-20 minutes), get yourself a talisman and a pickaxe and get 25 rune essence. take your talisman and your 25 rune essence (unnoted) and trde it to someone in the alter tradng for cash. they trade you 2.5k gp per run, plus more rune essence (noted) to do it again, which means free money. just run it back to the bank, take out 25 mroe unnoted rune essence, and trade another person. this is how i did it on my pure. but the only problem si that they also trade 150 air runes for a run. so you need to find out what people trade for $ and what people trade for runes. they are designated by the color of thier robes (blue or black) but i forgot which is which.

but most people just drop trade :shame:

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Eum cowhides at 100 ea? never seen before. I always selled at 15 ea or 30 or something like that never 100. And air running is a excellent way of making cash. Still ye need to get the pure ess first.

peche707.png

2cht0ma.png

Eum cowhides at 100 ea? never seen before. I always selled at 15 ea or 30 or something like that never 100. And air running is a excellent way of making cash. Still ye need to get the pure ess first.

you dont need pure essence, they take any kind of essence, and supply plain essence for the runs. and the rune mysteries quest is just a short walk. only takes about 20 minutes

and cowhides go up to 150-180gp ea on competitive worlds. but you can sell me like 10k hides for 30 gp ea :P

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Another question, where can you get some studded chaps and chest? I just got to 20 range and my range armor shows I can wear studded chaps and chest. I know where I can get the coif but not the chaps or chest. I know most pures don't wear the chest pieces because of the defense requirement but im strange.

Tsi Ani-Yunwiya

uug3d.gifwe972.gif

Guess with the system update going on right now, I am going to have to wait on that armor. I will have to wait till people start selling things to the venders because they will be reset after this. Then I will try to world hop and get them.

Tsi Ani-Yunwiya

uug3d.gifwe972.gif

I found a vender in Varrak that sells studded leather on a normal basis. So now I am decked out with a coif from champ guild and studded chaps. Now just need to work some deffense for the studded chest. Call me a fool for working defense on a pure, but I like wearing a full set of what ever I am wearing. Will have to get a green dragonhide chest some day. I already have the chaps and vambracers.

Selling those cowhides really payed off.

Tsi Ani-Yunwiya

uug3d.gifwe972.gif

Go to the security stronghold for free range training.

Stay on the first level, range the minotaurs from behind fences, pick up iron arrow drops, repeat. Hope Jagex don't change it, but at the moment, your arrow supply (Iron) will normally increase, if you collect your own arrows, your own drops (and any arrow drops ignored by those fighting mage or melee).

PS. If you plan on being a full dragonhide ranger, then comes the difficulty - for a dragonhide pure, you need to go into Dragon slayer with defence at 34 (so the bonus takes you to 40, maybe some slight adjustment needed after, as you may be a tiny bit short of 40).

Biggest problem, is that not using the anti-dragonfire shield would mean you will be dragon-grilled in no time, so you end up stuck with the crossbow, a very low level ranged weapon.

Cut normal Logs, collect or buy thousands of Feathers and mine a lot of Iron ore. You get 15 arrows out of every Log and Bar. you get 1 arrow out of every Feather. Collect enough materials for about 3k arrows, which is 200 Iron or Steel bars and 3k Feathers. Then go on the forums or find a member friend who wants to trade the materials for some arrows they have already made. Lots of people will do this for the XP. This is the best way for F2P players to get lots of arrows for next to nothing. You can use Steel or Mithril but it takes a bit longer to mine the coal. Alternatively you can collect Rubies, Gold Bars and Cosmic Runes. Then you can use give your Fletcher the materials to make Rings of Forging, which will allow you to get a 100% Smelting rate from your Iron ore, which will save you the time of having to mine Coal.

Gaelforcwynd.png

That is a great idea. I am going to have to do some quests then. Will have to get some mining and smithing xp so I can get the iron. Like you said, trying for steel isa bit much cause of the coal problem. I hope I am lucky to get a trade once I get all of the items.

I had sold 1690 feathers while selling cowhides. Thats how I got the dragon hide chap and vambraces as well as 1K bronze arrows. Only sold 50 hides for 5k.

Tsi Ani-Yunwiya

uug3d.gifwe972.gif