World Map Update - what do you think?

I've already posted this on the Hidden/Minor Updates thread, but it occurs that a discussion of this would be relevant here. Some new areas have been added to the world map, quite apart from the expansion of Mos'le Harmless. Dragontooth island is now on there (although it's already used in a quest, so is probably irrelevant), but there's new land between Piscatoris and Kandarin, along with an entire new continent(!) west of Tirannwn.

We know a large quest was planned for the area between Piscatoris and Kandarin (see the Future Updates News thread on the official forums), so what could it be? I had assumed the Moon Clan would be to the north, but it's possible Jagex might put them to the left of Relleka - although this is unlikely. The Tirannwn expansion might relate to the Plague City storyline, although given that it's an entire new continent, it could be something else entirely. What do you think?

"Join me next week on 'Let's Make No Freaking Sense', when I shall be waxing an owl."

- Green Wing

Barrows Drops: 1x Verac's Flail, 2x Karil's Crossbow, 1x Torag's Hammers, 1x Karil's Leatherskirt, 1x Karil's Coif

Like where? I ran a search before posting. There's certainly no equivalent on this board, which is where discussion is most appropriate.

"Join me next week on 'Let's Make No Freaking Sense', when I shall be waxing an owl."

- Green Wing

Barrows Drops: 1x Verac's Flail, 2x Karil's Crossbow, 1x Torag's Hammers, 1x Karil's Leatherskirt, 1x Karil's Coif

Well, they've removed the green bit west of Tirannwn, but there's an island there now with a smaller island next to it.

Also, it would be nice if that area south of Piscatoris was home to the Moon Clan. It would bring that whole area together and complete it.

Maybe that big quest you speak of will occur in that rocky area between the area and Priffdinas. Not much there now.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Well, they've removed the green bit west of Tirannwn, but there's an island there now with a smaller island next to it.

Also, it would be nice if that area south of Piscatoris was home to the Moon Clan. It would bring that whole area together and complete it.

Maybe that big quest you speak of will occur in that rocky area between the area and Priffdinas. Not much there now.

So they did! That's pretty interesting, perhaps that means they'll have more lands to the west. I hope not though, I just want the Elf Quests to be finished with, maybe throw in a couple more that explore the lands further north of the Elf City and that's it. The Plague City questline has been going on since time Began! Let it finally be ended for goodness sake! Plus there's much more land to the East, then they'll probably have an entire continent to the north and the Ogre Lands can be developed Further South, then there's a whole slew of Island that can exist West and East, North and South. If I were designing the world map I'd stop going west, make continents North and South (Sort of like the Poles of the earth, we know that Gielinor is actually a sphere) and then continue South of Ogre lands and Desert, and continue East in Mortanyia. Also they'll probably add in the "Eastern Land" with Ninja's and whatnot as we've seen the Samurai guy in Port Phasmatys.

If you want to know how they can make it awesome, make that contintent the lands to the far east that Ak Haranu in Port Phays talks about. Then it's connected and RS has finally become a globe!

Now granted this will seemingly halt growth to any new, big lands that RS wants to come with in the distant future, but it is very far away. They'll have more than enough room to do a lot for a while.

And then maybe they can come up with some place to put below ground and possible below water. i.e. Keldagrim and TZ-Hazaar. Those place can be huge, but since they are on a different lvl, all they take up on the world map is a single !. :D

Then after that, maybe we go up? Or perhaps we can visit the other plane that is Frenaskae?

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.