fletching or smithing?

freak_pea

very few people realize that smithing can make you just as good money as fletching at around the same level. at level 74 smithing you can make addy swords, which use 1 bar and alch for about 1248gp. at lvl 70 fletching yew longs only alch for 768gp.

the thing is that wc exp comes a lot easier than mining, because you get multiple logs per tree with just one click, and its faster to get fletching exp too. but smithing is a much more valueable skill overall than fletching, imo

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

Fletching is not a good money-maker as everyone so frustratingly keeps saying. You can make a small amount of money from it, but Smithing Steel Bars or making Cannonballs is much more profitable.

Offline and unavailable.

But see, all the rangers need arrows. They need to replenish their supply. They need them cheap. Players are the answer to all this.

What about people the rangers kill? :roll:

They lose their armor, which needs to be replaced, and that makes you more money.

~~ApplePieMan

rangedpoonssigdb7.png

I am sure by now that most people know fletching isnt that great of a money maker unless you make your own bows, get your own bow strings, or craft you own nats. However, it is STILL faster than smithing. one log, one string, one nat per bow. Smithing anything that is worth alching (steel plates as an example) takes 5 steel bars which means 10 coal and 5 iron, so you have to mine all that, run to smelt the bars, and then find an anvil and make them, it all seems like too much work compared to fletching