How many steel bars or plate can be sold for a million?

joecool280

Ok.

I have been trying to raise my smithing and mining. And at the same time making some money.

I can smith mithrill but not plate...only up to scimitar. I've been told that plates reaps the biggest money. So i have been making heaps of steel plates. I have like 200-300 of them.

The problem is that i dont know how and where to sell that many plates.

Shops gives [cabbage]ty prices and the prices drop as there are more in stock. my magic is very low and there is no way i can use high alchemy that soon...but i need the money. Any advice how to get rid of the plates with decent profit?

Any advice?Thx.

Ok.

I have been trying to raise my smithing and mining. And at the same time making some money.

I can smith mithrill but not plate...only up to scimitar. I've been told that plates reaps the biggest money. So i have been making heaps of steel plates. I have like 200-300 of them.

Shops gives cabbage prices and the prices drop as there are more in stock. my magic is very low and there is no way i can use high alchemy that soon...but i need the money. Any advice how to get rid of the plates with decent profit?

Any advice?Thx.

say selling steel plates 1k each at edgeville or somewhere where people high alch stuff

oh yeah..i forgot to mention...i have been trying to sell them to people in town..but that takes awful lots of time and lots of typing to advertise what i am selling. I do get better offers but it is such a pain..and lots of waiting.

On another topic, someone said to someone else, sell steel bars or plates for a quick mill,

how many of each of those can make a million? And where should I sell them? thanks in advance.

Here are a few ways to get 1 million gp using steel...

1) Mine 2000 iron and 4000 coal and make 2000 steel bars.

Sell the bars for at least 500 gp each to other players.

Sell them on world 1 in Fally or Varrock.

Or sell them in the Tip It smithing market forum

2) Mine 5000 iron and 10000 coal and make 5000 steel bars.

Smith the bars into 1000 steel plates.

Sell the plates for 1000 each to other players using the places in #1

3) Mine 5555 iron and 11110 coal and make 5555 steel bars.

Smith the bars into 1111 steel plates. Buy 1111 natures runes for 300 each.

Hi-alch the 1111 plates for 1333200 gp.

The cost of the Natures runes will be about 333300 so your overall profit is 100 go under 1000000 gp.

4) Mine 4170 iron and 8340 coal and make 4170 steel bars.

Smith the bars into 834 steel plates.

Hi-alch the steel plates for 1000800 gp using Natures runes that you already have.

I hope that this gives you a few ideas.

Ok.

Shops gives cabbage prices and the prices drop as there are more in stock. my magic is very low and there is no way i can use high alchemy that soon...but i need the money. Any advice how to get rid of the plates with decent profit?

Any advice?Thx.

I'll buy them for 900 each...

RSN : Pro28

Ok.

Any advice?Thx.

Hi alch would be you best bet, but since you can't...You probably wont be able to sell to players for more than 900 ea, simply because of the cost of nats. What I did, if i didn't hi alch them, was sell the plates to the armoury in varrock. The default sell price is 1200, and after 5-15 (I really don't remember) it drops below 1000, at which point I switch worlds and do it again. This is more time consuming, but is the best porfit if you don't hi alch.

ShadowSam19.png

Doing that wil be in a way, idiotic. you could sell just the coal for 2mil and the iron ore for 500k. So you are mining 2.5mil of materials in order to just 1mil worth of steel plates. Not only that, but unless Alfy has over 70 mining, it will take it a very long time to obtain all those ores.

Alfy, my suggestion to you is to sell those steel plates you have for 1k each, then buy as much coal as you can, mine half that amount of iron, smelt steel bars, sell for 600 each or as much as you can, then repeat until you have 1667 steel bars. this will give you just over 1mil.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Thanks for all the replies. I am noobie here, so i did not know there was a market place on the forums and at varrock/fally in world 1. Now i know.

i'll do any of the options sugested here for my next batch. Currently smithing lvl 55. I'll do steel plates till i can make mith plates.

Sorry Pro28, i have already sold many of them plates, maybe next time.

Anyways, runescape name is Alfyn mah, if interested. I am one of the rare lvl 4(accidentally raised defence to 2) who mine at the mining guild :P

Doing that wil be in a way, idiotic. ...

He, the op, asked how to make a million using Steel

He didn't ask for just any method of making a million...

Also, please be careful in you choice of words.

Flame wars serve little purpose.

you could sell just the coal for 2mil and the iron ore for 500k. So you are mining 2.5mil of materials in order to just 1mil worth of steel plates.

True, he could make more money by just selling the ores

but he would give up earning any smithing exp from it.

So the hidden cost in that approach is that he would fail to level his smithing.

And he did specifically ask for a method using a smithing product to get the 1 million.

...Not only that, but unless Alfy has over 70 mining, it will take it a very long time to obtain all those ores.

It's gonna take either time or money to get the ores and/or bars.

No way around that...