Symantec pop up not going

fatbill

ok well im having a problem with my computer.

i keep getting this pop up saying (see picture) if i go on ok, less than a minute later the same popup comes up. also if i unclick the box and press ok a microsoft windows popup comes and tell me the virus protection is off yet any no way to turn it on. then it pops up again

untitleduq9.png

the reason for this is the virus potection is off. when i try and turn it on it does not work kinda like the button is broken. (see picture) no matter how many times i press it does not come on. also the email error i dont know what that is

untitled1rg1.png

so i need to now any way how to fix the button or get rid of the pop up?

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

Sounds as if you got a trojan that is blocking norton from activating.

go to http://www.ewido.com and download ewido antispyware.

Please isntall it and then click update at the stop then "Start update"

Finally click scanner at the top then click "Complete System Scan"

Now once that scan is done please click "save logfie" Save the log and then post its contents.

ouch..

also change your antivirus.. its a leviathan in code and not very simple... and honestly free AVG gets you the same protection

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

You dont have to change your anti-virus.

Norton has a better detection rate than AVG.

Also did you read my post?

Norton has a better detection rate because it's actually publicly posted to boost sales. Norton is a huge drain on system resources and not worth the headaches it installs. AVG does it's job well and without annoying the hell out of the users.

My dad's P4 system is a prime example. We recently replaced the harddrive and had a golden XP install (with the bundled crap from HP, it was fixed under warranty and reimaged) that was starting, running, and shutting down as expected. Jump foward to reinstalling Norton, and the box slows to a crawl when booting, takes 2+ minutes to log into any users, and hangs when shutting down. Jump foward again to removing Norton, and we're back to fast boots (as should be expected on a brand new XP install), and the normal shutdown times.

Norton also include a few fun little "safeguards" you can use to drop people offline with plain text over IMs and IRC. Those were fun when they hit the IRC channels. :lol: McAfee isn't much better either. Not long ago (March 06), they pushed out a software update that wiped more than a few corporate systems because they didn't test it properly.

Both have given me and many people I know nothing but headaches. AVG quietly does it's job once it's set up to update and scan on it's schedule and has yet to give me any problems.

Norton has a better detection rate because it's actually publicly posted to boost sales. Norton is a huge drain on system resources and not worth the headaches it installs. AVG does it's job well and without annoying the hell out of the users.

My dad's P4 system is a prime example. We recently replaced the harddrive and had a golden XP install (with the bundled crap from HP, it was fixed under warranty and reimaged) that was starting, running, and shutting down as expected. Jump foward to reinstalling Norton, and the box slows to a crawl when booting, takes 2+ minutes to log into any users, and hangs when shutting down. Jump foward again to removing Norton, and we're back to fast boots (as should be expected on a brand new XP install), and the normal shutdown times.

Norton also include a few fun little "safeguards" you can use to drop people offline with plain text over IMs and IRC. Those were fun when they hit the IRC channels. :lol: McAfee isn't much better either. Not long ago (March 06), they pushed out a software update that wiped more than a few corporate systems because they didn't test it properly.

Both have given me and many people I know nothing but headaches. AVG quietly does it's job once it's set up to update and scan on it's schedule and has yet to give me any problems.

And the best thing about Norton.. is they push a new version out EVERY YEAR and if you don't upgrade they wont support you properly....

So thats $60-80 a year (if you don't take advantage of there scam of "free rebates" )

AVG offers a FREE version which is EQUAL to its pay version.. you just can't set the sceduals the same way....

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

yes i did read you post but it cannot connect to the proxy host and so i cant get updates, i scanned it last night but went out and my family dealed with it but the pop up is still then and norto antivirus not protecting

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.