how to tell if a record is original

Greatsilverwyrm

I inherited some albums from my father, of note are Pink Floyd's The Wall, and The Beatle's Lonely Heartsclub Band..

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out whether or not the records are original pressings / worth anything.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

IRKAa.jpg

You are probably best off getting a book which specialses in records and things. Otherwise you could take it to an independant record store for a valuation.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

what are the differences? you mean on vinyls? i didnt know there were boot leg copies of vinyls, btw i have both of those albums plus an extra sgt peppers album :thumbsup:

The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.

The ones you described arnt exactly rare. while being quite cool, they were mass produced and probably arnt worth as much as youd hoped

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Why would you sell thoses!

Thoses are dank albums.

I thought "dank" was bad? :-k

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Dank is good, really good.

"An adjective describing unpleasant dampness or humidity."

I've never heard it used in a positive context.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Maybe in the world outside of pot its bad, but when describing pot its good, so I use it everyday to describe good things, cause I dunno, most people I know use it to describe things that are good. I dunno.

When survival is in question, anything goes.

I figured they probably weren't worth much... but it'd be cool to know whether or not they were first pressings or not.

Which is what I meant by "original", not whether or not they were bootlegs.

And yeah, I'd much rather enjoy than sell them, but I don't even have a stereo atm, let alone a turntable. :(

IRKAa.jpg

Isn't there, like in books, a date pressed on the covers? Thne it's easy to see if their first drafts or not.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Isn't there a numeric code printed on it? I guess you'd be able to find out which ones are on the first pressing.

As they're well known albums, you'll problably find more info on specialized websites, though.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me