Which is better, Scimitar or Battle-axe?

teal_128

It depends what you want b-axe=power scimmy=speed. I personally prefer the scimitar for training and the wild and then use the baxe for a KO hit.

obtainfp9.jpg

^Click for the greatest sig maker ever!

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

"Long live the sun, may the darkness be hidden."

It depends what you want b-axe=power scimmy=speed. I personally prefer the scimitar for training and the wild and then use the baxe for a KO hit.

if you can afford it, use a rune 2h for ko's in the wild.

edit: but if your going to train, use a scimmy. it hits well and has good speed.

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

Guest TaDaraCampbell

on my main i dont use my baxe very often, just bought it cuz i could, but when i do use it i can hit constant 10-14's without many misses, but its quite slow, so ill stick with constand 8-10's with the scim :D ...that is if i ever get my main back from being banned for billing problems

the following is absolutley true:

for weapon twice as slow as another weapon, it needs to be either twice as strong of twice as accurate to be more effective, meaning a dagger is actually more effective than a halberd

so if you took the rune 2h over a scimmy,and had 61 def, its max hit would need to be 28, 2x the max hit of my rune scimmy, which has a max hit of 14. the rune long is excactly the same except slower. the b-axe is not much more powerfull but heaps heaps slower, training or no training scimmy is best

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif

Scimmy is by far the best training and pking weapon. The 2hander is an option for KOs.

As to the quote above it should read:

For a weapon to be as effective as a weapon that is twice as fast it must be twice as strong AND twice as accurate.

Therefore a:

mithril_scimitar.png

is nearly as efficient as the much more powerful

adamant_2h_sword.png

That is pretty crazy when you think about it. I would still take the mith scimmy over the addy 2hander because it would probably STILL out perform it at less than half of the combat stats.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Preference rules over all.

Preference does not make a weapon better at doing it's job; it only makes the user enjoy the look/"feel". He asked for the best weapon for the job which is the scimmy.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!