MAGE TRAINING GUIDE --- for fast experience and levelling!

jellabi1

INDEX:

1.1. INTRODUCTION

2.1. STARTING WITH MAGE

2.2. FROM LVL 1 TO LVL 39 (F2P) OR LVL 45 (P2P)

2.3.A. FROM LVL 39-55 MAGE (F2P)

2.3.B. FROM LVL 45-55 MAGE (P2P)

2.4.A. FROM LVL 55-99 (F2P)

2.4.A. FROM LVL 55-80 (P2P)

2.5. FROM LVL 80-99 (P2P)

3.1. OTHER WAYS TO TRAIN MAGE AND TIPS

4.1. THANKS TO

1.1 INTRODUCTION

Hey boys and girls,

please dont flame on my English (Im Dutch), Im also just a guy who wants to help you guys to train mage high. Iâââ‰â¢m mage 88 now on my main jellabi. I know I dont have all too best mage but I train mage pretty quick with my way now and I love it. The way described to train mage in this guide isnt very boring, so you can train easy from 80 to 88 without doing anything else and you wont get bored.

2.1 STARTING WITH MAGE

You know first met the fantastic skill magic. You can do a lot of damage with it at a low level already. Its strong versus meleers and weak versus rangers.

When you want to start training mage, its also smart to train runecrafting. To do this, you must start and finish the rune mysteries quest

(http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?page= ... .htm#abyss ). This miniquest isnt listed in the quest list, so DO NOT search for it in that quest list. If you make all the runes yourself, it wont cost you so much to get a high mage lvl.

2.2. FROM LVL 1 TO LVL 39 (F2P) OR LVL 45 (P2P)

When you first start out, make sure you have 3k gp, and go to varrock mage shop, buy an air staff and a fire staff there. These staffs will supply unlimited runes of the sort you bought. So this will come in handy. Then make sure you have enough mind runes to train your mage. Go to edgeville, go a bit north-east of edgeville to the place where the guards are (this is not in wilderness, and a bit west of the bridge). Go in the house with the jail in, and set autocast wind strike. You can do this by wearing your staff âââ‰â¬Å clicking on the crossed swords âââ‰â¬Å click on the bookâââ‰â¬Å choose wind strike âââ‰â¬Å click on attack with wind strikeairstrikeea3.png.

setwindstrikeyp8.png

You will now only have to click on the guards, and maybe if you want pick up their drops. You wont need any food this way but it always comes in handy if you have about 4 -8 food in your invent.

guardsedgevillefw8.png

Stay doing this till youre mage lvl 13. Then you switch to fire strikefirestrikepp4.png. Make sure you wear your fire staff, and have airs and minds in your inventory. Stay casting on the guards I told you before (believe me this is the fastest), and maybe you can also go to the giants in the shack west of varrock. There are a few safe spots there. Keep doing fire strike till you are around lvl 39-45 mage.

2.3. FROM LVL 39-45 TO MAGE LVL 55

A.F2P

Now start training mage with doing crumble undeadcrumbleundeadbd8.png. You will need earths, airs and chaos. Take out your air staff again. Since you can not autocast this spell, you will need to stay clicking on it. Go

downstairs edgeville bank (just south of edgeville bank), and start casting the spell on skeletons. !!!!!BE CAREFUL, THE SKELETONS CAN HIT HIGH SO TAKE FOOD!!!!! Also, dont take all your spells but only a few, in the case you may die you still have runes left to train. You will only die if you have low defence, so pures be careful. Do this till lvl 55 mage

B.P2P

B. a.

Now youre 45 mage, you can do Camelot teleportcamelotteleportpu2.png. So wear your air staff, and buy 1899 laws. Thats enough for lvl 45-55 mage. Keep on doing this and you will be lvl 55 fast.

B. b.

You will need lvl 49 mage for this, so first train a bit with Camelot teleport. This gives very good exp. You will need an earth staff and cosmics and progress hatprogresshatlu5.png( you can get this for free in the mage training arena). You then go to the enchanting chamber. Then enchant the blocks you pick up with the lvl 4 ruby enchant enchantlvl4jewelryrubycl1.png. But only enchant when that color of block is displayed in the right-down corner of the screen. For more info on this, go to http://tip.it/runescape/?page=mage_trai ... m#enchcham .

enchantmentschamberrn7.png

2.4.A. FROM LVL 55-99 (F2P)

Now youre lvl 55 magic, you can now use high alchhighalchemydt3.png!!! I think this is the mage spell that is used the most in whole runescape. It lets you convert an item into some nice gp. The amount of gp you get from 1 item differs from item to item. Im not F2P so I dont know a good high alch item for f2p. I only know that most F2Ps use steel pl8s to alch.

2.4.B. FROM LVL 55-80 (P2P)

I have 2 ways you could train mage to lvl 80:

Way 1:

You need 70 fletch for this. If you dont have 70 fletch, go to Way 2.

This is it how you going to do it:

-Buy yews

-Buy natures

-Buy bowstrings

Lets say yews are 250, natures are 350 and bowstrings are 150 ea. That makes 250+350+150=750, the high alchhighalchemydt3.png of a yew long gives you 768Gp. So this way, youll make 18 gp profit per yew long, and you can buy all the stuff to make a yew long and alch it again. So this is a perfect way to train mage, because the only thing youll need is a starting amount of 750k, because you then can buy 1k of all stuff, and you will be busy for around 1 day, and you have another 65k magic exp.

You can also do this with mage longs, buy mage logs 1k ea, buy bowstrings 150 ea, buy nats 350 ea, you will now have 1000+150+350=1500, and the high alch is worth 1536 gp, so you will now have the profit of a massive *cough cough* 36 gp per mage long!!! You will need a starting amount of 1,5million for this (to buy 1k all the time, so you should have enough supplies), but you will earn a bit more.

Way 2:

You wont get any profit training mage this way, but it gives a bit more exp. You will only need the natures and a progress hatprogresshatlu5.png ( you can get this for free in the mage training arena). You then go to the mage training area and then to the alchemists playground. You take stuff out of the cupboards and alch them when you get 30 gp for the item, you will see this in the green menu on the right-above corner of your screen. For more info, go to http://tip.it/runescape/?page=mage_trai ... m#alchplay . You can also do the enchantments chamber now, look at 2.3.B.b. for more information on that.

splaygroundok3.png

2.5. FROM LVL 80-99 (P2P)

Congratulations!! youre now one of the higher lvl mages!! You now have some ways to train your mage. Try to do a bit of all 3 ways training your mage, then you wonâââ‰â¢t get bored quick.

Way 1:

Only do this if youre rich!! What to do: buy a mud staff, buy many soul runes, and go to a place where the monster cant attack you (such as ogre cage, lesser demon in wizards tower). And all you do is just stunstunqg0.png the monster. Stun stun stun stun stun, and because you cant autocast this spell (you can with slayer staff, but not with mud staff (which provides unlimited earth and waters)), youll have to click all the spells to lvl 99.

Way 2:

Just stay high alching! Buy the nats, buy the yew/magic logs, and buy the bowstrings. Make the bows and alch them. such as described in 2.4.B. way 1

Way 3:

Way 3 is the mage training area! Just do the enchantment chamber or the alchemists playground. Go to 2.3.B.b for more information about the enchantments chamber or go to 2.4.B. way 2 for more information about the alchemistâââ‰â¢s playground.

the4minigameportalsbl7.png

3.1. OTHER WAYS TO TRAIN MAGE AND TIPS

- Pest control

This Is one of the best ways to train mage, get 100 pest control points, use the points on mage and get (your mage lvl * your mage lvl)/6= the experience youll get in mage. Example:

(88*88)/6= 1290 per point. And when you give 100 points, youâââ‰â¢ll get 10% extra exp! so then youll get: (1290*100)+(1290*10)=141900 experience per 100 points if you are 88 mage!!

- Music

Always play your own music!! Use windows media player for it or something like that. But never use the runescape music, youll get bored very soon.

- Videos

Watch some runescape vids while alching, watch them in windows media player. You can crop your runescape screen till you only see the alching icon and your radar. Put your effects music on so youll now when you have to click for the next alch. Also, with effects music on you can hear when you have a random. Cause you will not always see it when you have a random, take 1 anti poison pot with you in your inventory with some food and a teleport (ectophial, enchanted lyre, teleport tablets), just in case something happens.

THANKS TO

Thanks to all the people who helped me a bit with this guide.

Special thanks to:

-dogfever (for some nice ideas to add)

-

If there is something wrong in this guide or you think I could add some things, make a post here!!! Im still editing the post!!!

̩̉ Jellabi guide network

d20chain204ma4.png

When I was training mage, I found casting curse on zammy monks from level 20-55+ cheaper, but slower. For the guys who want to save cash, I suggest casting curse on the zammy monk in varrock castle as it has 1 defence, so it should regain that level in about 4 seconds after a successful cast. I used weaken to train from level 3 or something, that was cheap too. My suggestion is to keep weakening/cursing the zammy monk in varrock castle. Be sure that the spells fail often so wear metal armor, or anything else that inhibits spell success.

So far your guide is looking good. I would say that the really good guides here are very comprehensive.

I would suggest that you extend the guide to cover alternative training methods such as Missed Curse, maybe explain about getting free laws from FFL on w66, something about ancient magicks? Ice barraging is very fast xp.

You might also want to compare xp rates and costs of different methods.

iratebadger.png

You might want to add a section on what armor to wear and for what level. Ex. Full Lunar Lvl 70

And you might want to add a section about runecrafting your runes or to buy them... And where/who to buy them from.

~Englandman66~

NEW TIPIT ACCOUNT-KNOTCH_BLADE

951471843knotch.jpg

Click For Bloggeh [Mage 55/55][Defence 26/40] Crafting[32/40]

... I->ÃÆïÃâÿÃâý<-m mage 88 now ...

... When you->ÃÆïÃâÿÃâý<-re a ...

...staff ->ÃÆïÃâÿÃâý<- clicking on the crossed swords ->ÃÆïÃâÿÃâý<- click on the book->ÃÆïÃâÿÃâý<- choose wind strike ->ÃÆïÃâÿÃâý<- click...

... won->ÃÆïÃâÿÃâý<-t get bored quick...

... alchemist->ÃÆïÃâÿÃâý<-s playground....

... you->ÃÆïÃâÿÃâý<-ll get 10% extra exp!...

...->ÃÆïÃâÿÃâý<- Jellabi guide network...

I made that things that looks like an arrow pointing the char in question,most of them seems apostrophes but the others i dont know what are.

I think i can make apostrophes just fine. I'm making apostrophes :D

sigqp2bw9.gifIceBlackIce.gif

*** [ END ]: You gained 1,671,000 thieving exp in 9mins 44secs. That's 10,300,684 exp/h.

Dragon Drops - 1 Skirt

For some reason it seems that some dutch people (or people that live in England, etc.) seem to have problems with the apostraphe. For some reason, it changes to a question mark. It's very weird, and I have no idea as to why this happens.

Try using the... ahh whats it called, its not the tilda but its the same key.. Its the ` button. I can't remember the name right now though.

Good guide so far, but you should add in curses.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

• 7 months later...

glad that u got in an f2p portion, but 55-99 hi alching wouldnt work well for ppl with nothing to high alch, i think u shud mention curse-failing, cheap and pretty fast xp for an f2p

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

a great free way to get to lvl 10 magic quickly is to do 2 quest, imp catcher and witchs potion.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.