Skills quest idea!! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

krizzy123

I believe I have an interesting idea!

Basically my idea is a quest that unlocks a new area made to benefit players that raise their skills and maybe not melee.

The quest requirements should be around 150+ quest points and all skills 60+ (apart from attack, defence, strength and hitpoints)

The quest start will be at any charter ship.

The aim is to visit selected NPCs all over the world of runescape and prove yourself to them so the charter ship will agree to take you to the 'land of skills' (needs a better name)

During the quest you will use ALL of your skills (apart from melee) to solve puzzles and impress NPCs who will then give you something to symbolise their gratitude and approval.

After impressing a required NPC and collecting your proof, you can take a 50gp ride on the charter ship and they will take you to the land of skills.

In this land there is a bank and many portals.

Each portal leading to a different skill training area.

To enter a portal you must have your proof from that skill and give it to the NPC. The use of the portals is limited.

You start with 5 free portal uses (to decide if you like the area)

To extend your limit you must talk to a skills NPC and complete a mini-game using that skill. Every completion (or point) will allow you 10 entries through the portal. Inside will be special skill training areas.

For example: through the prayer portal will be a bone grinder that when used makes the bones 'holy' so you gain more bonus (maybe 5x the xp?) from praying at the ectofunctus.

Quest reward: (given after each piece of proof is obtained) 20k xp in that skill, 1 Quest Point

There will also be an additional subquest after completion for those who like melee. But ALL subquests must be completed first! The melee portal will have new monsters with good drops. Same portal limitations apply.

Portal click option: Enter fishing portal(72)

72 being the no. of uses left.

Thankyou for your time, tell me your thoughts!

~ Krizzy

PS. This same thing is posted on the RS forums under Suggestions > High level content (sticky)

Wanted a wider variety of people to see my idea :)

Going to my friends house now so i'll post again later.

I trade my glories for your dragon stones!

Krizzy: 99 combat with 1900+ total.

Blog blog. Click click. Post post!

I really like the basic idea, it was well thought out, but i have to agree with the others that the rewards are way too good, maybe a reduction to like 2x the ectofunctus. Also, what kinds of tasks will you need to do to get access to the portals, because if those are very easy, whcih it seems they would have to be as they are skill based, then it is way weighted to making the game easier.

picture.php?albumid=328&pictureid=1551

oops maybe i didnt make it so clear. by 5x ectofunctus xp i meant 5x the xp you would get for burying the bones, not what you'd normally get from ectofunctus already.

It's only a little idea I had anyway.

And the different tasks would be like.. half an hour/hour long each to complete? I dont know.. :-k

I trade my glories for your dragon stones!

Krizzy: 99 combat with 1900+ total.

Blog blog. Click click. Post post!