Help on pop ups please!

Kuroi_Ame

I've heard about pop ups and that sometimes they can steal some information, so I've come here asking for help on blocking them. First off, I have $0. I do not wish to spend any money on a pop up blocker. I know that the TIF used to have a place where you can find free computer stuff, but I can't find it anymore. Anyways, the weirdest thing is I only get popups from the TIF :( so I really would like to get a pop up blocker so I can browse the forums in safety. Anyone know of any free pop up blockers I can use to stop this? Thanks in advance.

___

kuroi

wiseoldmanv2jpgvx2.jpg

do u wow?

Cassiius|Level 70 Night Elf Preist|Runetotem

Sambora|Level 37 Tauren Shaman|BurningLegion

Update to the latest version of your Operating system. If you're using windows, use http://windowsupdate.com

What web browser are you using? IE6 with Windows SP2 already has an in-build popup blocker.

After updating your OS, get get Firefox - it blocks popups by default (more accurately than IE) as well as being a totally sweet web browser. (A web browser is like Internet Explorer.. of course you can use IE and Firefox at the same time, and Firefox can be easily uninstalled if you don't like it, but I bet you will :D) It's also faster than IE at loading web pages, it's got a far better security track record (vulnerabilities in it are patched within days, rather than the months that it takes Microsoft to fix IE), it's themeable and extendable, and easily customisable. It's got an integrated search bar for easy searching and it also supports web standards far better than IE. Enough reasons? Don't believe me? Just download it and try it out, you'll never look back ;) It's 100% free of course.

Right now, I'm using the Adblock and the NoScript Mozilla Firefox Add on. Those two have never let any ads poping up.

I use Firefox for most of the advantages that Cameron said.

-=Aznhuskarl=- Cleric

-=20Cent=- Juggernaught

More to come...