Farming

chickenp89

I have a farming level of 45 and to me it's going really, really slow.

I would just like to discuss how everyone levels their farming and what they think is the best way to level.

I'm aiming for all stats to 70 - and well need to raise farming by 25 levels. Any help/comments would be awesome.

Thanks

I think it depends on your budget.

If you have cash to spend, buy (fruit)tree seeds, because they give loads of XP so you'll be able to level fast.

Another good method is farming herbs, especially ranarr and up. If you but ranarr seeds for 20-25k ea, sell ranarrs for 6.5-7kea, you make a profit when you gte 4+ ranarrs per seed.

Since I'm on a budget, I farm as I go. Meaning that I plant the highest seed I have (alotment) when Im near a patch. Even if I have no high level seeds, I plant potatoes + normal compost+ paying farmer to get some potatoes, as I make them into seetcorn+tuna potatoes.

Everytime I come across a farming patch, I plant the highest seeds available. It's not super fast, but cheap and you end up with quite some nice stuff.

Furthermore, there's a couple of quests that give you farming xp. Here is a list of them.

Good luck!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

I level my farming predominantly through tree seeds. I use my kingdom to obtain bird's nests and farm whichever ones I get on that day.

I set my Kingdom to maples, and keep the coffers >750k.

This generates around 8-9 bird's nests a day, though some are rings.

Ajc100.png

Farm is really easy to level and not boring if you do it right.

I will not comment on tree seeds they are so costly that i never use them, i only use fruit tree seeds as you can re-use them (especially palms)

Plant herb seeds only (for not being boring) unloading potatoes is a mess...

I would recommend rannar and snapdragon (much better when you can) if you want xp and cash

If you want xp only the highest herb you can but as of snapdragon stay there as they r great cash and xp

Only use supercompost so you don't need to check for disease, and only harvest after 90minutes. You will see that on average 1 out of 10 seeds will die.

For supercompost, you can grow watermeloen (but that cost a bit but easier to manage as they are on the same place as the compost bin)

Or go to Karamja to pick free pinapple (near house portal)

Also very good to plant 2 fruit tree with pinapple papaya or preferably palm when you will be able to get super compost stuff (i do Catherby and karamja with palm)

Palm are way better as you get 6coconut per tree that will give you 6 shell and 6coconut milk vial (sell for 2k). So if you plant 4trees you get 24 sheelss and 48k profit per like 3hours (it takes around 3 hours to get back 6coconut)

So per 3 hours, if you can do snapdragon and palm tree, you will get a profit of:

snapdragon : average 6herb per seeds (with dead taken into account) make super restore pot so gain 4*25k *2 times per hour so 200k

palm:48k profit

So every 3hours a profit of about 250k in around 25 minutes (including pot making and running from patch to patch)

farm xp :

4*6*42= 1008 xp from picking coconuts

4*6*2*98.5=4728 xp for picking snapdragon

4*2*87.5=700 xp for planting snapdragon

so a total of aaround 6,400 xp

Herb xp

4*6*2*142xp=6816 herb xp

So in summary every 3hours, a total of 25minutes work giving a profit of 250k and 6400 farm xp and 6800 herb xp

Really not bad....you can also do limpwurt to increase a bit your profit.

Hops are to disreguard as tehy r bad xp

i only use fruit tree seeds as you can re-use them (especially palms)

Re-use them? How would you re-use a fruit tree seed?

So if you plant 4trees you get 24 sheelss and 48k profit per like 3hours (it takes around 3 hours to get back 6coconut)

What can coconut shells be used for?

I think it depends on your budget.

If you have cash to spend, buy (fruit)tree seeds, because they give loads of XP so you'll be able to level fast.

Another good method is farming herbs, especially ranarr and up. If you but ranarr seeds for 20-25k ea, sell ranarrs for 6.5-7kea, you make a profit when you gte 4+ ranarrs per seed.

Since I'm on a budget, I farm as I go. Meaning that I plant the highest seed I have (alotment) when Im near a patch. Even if I have no high level seeds, I plant potatoes + normal compost+ paying farmer to get some potatoes, as I make them into seetcorn+tuna potatoes.

Everytime I come across a farming patch, I plant the highest seeds available. It's not super fast, but cheap and you end up with quite some nice stuff.

Furthermore, there's a couple of quests that give you farming xp. Here is a list of them.

Good luck!

he right tought...and farming is boring dudez,u get bored soon enough,so take some breaks sometimes ::'

o6mwpk.png

Council.gif.pagespeed.ce.SwBX3DYRXt.gifShinobi

clanFriend.gif DF Forever

{DF Forums} ~ {DF's Memberlist}

i only use fruit tree seeds as you can re-use them (especially palms)

Re-use them? How would you re-use a fruit tree seed?

So if you plant 4trees you get 24 sheelss and 48k profit per like 3hours (it takes around 3 hours to get back 6coconut)

What can coconut shells be used for?

You can use the fruit and those fruits yuo can't get them elsewhere (Coconut and papaya for example)

For the trees there are plenty of these kinds al over the place so useless, apart for the root...cool.... 8-)

With coconut shell yuo can do supercompost, so with 1 palm fully grown you get 6coconut per 3hours that will give you 6milk vial(worth12k) and 6shell to make supercompost. You will get your money back soon.

kk this is what i do, i buy ranarr seeds (loads at a time) then make like 100 supercompost (buy pineapples from grand tree) and then buy a nature ammy and plant the ranarr seeds in this order

cammy---->ardougne---->fally---->ectophile place (cant remember name)

so when u pick the herbs from cammy and ardougne u bank at fally when u walk past back then pick fally herbs then othr place

whilst u are waiting for ranarrs to grow go pick up soem snape grass from the crafting guild and go get some water filled vials so when u get ranarr you make into praye rpots then sell 7k ea and then repeat process, i estimated that during bank holidays.weekends you can make 1 mil in 2 days if you plant all day long and take break while waiting.

im 43 farming btw and 39 herblore but this is a great method and you make huge bucks :XD:

hope i helped :3>

ryan+souter1.png

Hey,wasnt aware that i could use the coconutshell for supcompost.. thx FX.

One note to your advice on herbfarming;

I wouldnt calculate with 1 out of 10 herbs dying..I never did the statistical research on it, but I would guess somewhere in between 1: 5 and 1:7.. And yes, i planted many, many herbseeds and I always use supcompost.

and the stupid thing about this is (still need to write a rant about this :x ), that farminglvl doesnt seem to matter in 'succesrate' of farming herbs.. (unlike cooking for example!!!)

h_y_j_a_c_k.png