-- HTML/CSS Help Please? --

Supercoolyo

Ok, well basically I'm having a problem with my website, and a good friend of mine said that Tip.it is full of helpful and talented people and to post here.

To describe my problem, it's basically that if you go to my website (click the WWW/View Poster's Website button to see what I'm talking about, won't post a link), in IE, it looks great. But if you go in FireFox, the ads area is messed up. Now, I've tried troubleshooting this countless times, and the best I could do is either make it good in IE, or good in FF, not both simultaniously. Naturally, I had to choose IE to look best, since IE users are the majority of internet users (despite the obvious fact that FireFox is more secure and just as easy to use). However, the FF audience is still important to me, and being a FF user myself, I hate having to view a messed up webpage.

So the point of the ads bar is to be centered, and for the bars on the left and right to stretch as the size of the IE is larger, to cover the areas to the right and left of the centered ads area. The point of this is so the site looks good in all resolutions, and all window sizes. As I've said, the problem is making it look right in both browsers.

So, anyone who thinks they can tackle this job can just copy the source code of our front page and edit the CSS/HTML to accomplish this task. In return, I would be more than happy to give credit through an announcement on the site, or in exchange (within reason), do graphical or coding work for any sites/projects you have. I did the graphics and coding for my site, so that could be a good measurement skill for my abilities, if you think I would be of any help to you in return.

Thanks in advance,

- Supercoolyo

The only problem I can see surrounding the google adsense is on Firefox(and Opera) , the black line just above the ad does not line up correctly all the way across the top of the banner.

If thats the prolem you are talking about

find this section in your page

and change it to

that will fix the black line in Firefox and Opera ....

Hopefully thats what you were talking about because I see no other problems surrounding the adsense :)

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

At first I wasn't going to post - but I don't see anything wrong with the site? Everything that aught to be centered looks centered. I am running at 800 x 600 in FF 1.5.0.7, and it looks the same in IE 6.

Here, I took some screenies:

Internet Explorer -

site1tn7.th.png

Firefox -

site2ai8.th.png

Hope this helped, I dunno, maybe you've already fixed it?

zonda, first thing i notice in those two pics are that the fonts are totally different. It appears that none of the text has style applied to it and is just using the default settings defined by the browser.

I see this:

imgjx6.jpg

The thin line is generally caused by doing stuff like..

over

since Opera actually renders the newline / first space on the next line *shrug*

thats because I don't use the default font for sites with FF, I have it set up to custom fonts ;p

Yes which means the site doesn't have any font's set, when it probably should. Since you can't really rely on a user's default font's fiting your websites look and feel.