Running Virtual PC on XP Home

krunkthemonk

Alright well I've just received info about my final project due in December today involving Microsoft Virtual PC.

In the class it's not really an issue because we're all running on XP Pro with SP2. I want to be able to do some of the work at home because I've only got two classes a week and I want to get this off my chest A.S.A.P.

Is there anyway to run Microsoft Virtual PC on a system using XP Home with SP2. Some people in my class say that it's running smoothly for them but for the majority of us it's not working. Help?

If it makes a difference, my copy of virtual machine is from MSDN.

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

It depends on a lot of things.

How much RAM have you got?

How much memory did you configure each VM to have?

How much disk space have you got?

On my desktop I am running Xp home with Microsoft Virtual PC and VMWare Workstation 5 and I haven't ran into too much problems.

It depends on a lot of things.

How much RAM have you got?

How much memory did you configure each VM to have?

How much disk space have you got?

On my desktop I am running Xp home with Microsoft Virtual PC and VMWare Workstation 5 and I haven't ran into too much problems.

I've got 1 gig of ram and am allocating 256 to my VM. It's running off of an external hard drive with 218GB of free space so it shouldn't be an issue as I only need 16 GB for 1 Virtual Machine.

Still not working :wall:

According to Microsoft, Virtual PC 2004 only supports "Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Professional, and Windows XP Tablet PC Edition.".

Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 System Requirements.

There may be a work around, I'll have a go at installing it on my laptop at some point as it has XP Home SP2 installed on it.

If you're using a portable drive, shouldn't you be able to do the work at a friend's house or someone who has XP Pro? Tis the only logical solution I can think of.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

There may be a work around, I'll have a go at installing it on my laptop at some point as it has XP Home SP2 installed on it.

If you're using a portable drive, shouldn't you be able to do the work at a friend's house or someone who has XP Pro? Tis the only logical solution I can think of.

The one major difference I can think of is the network settings between pro and home edition; which shouldn't be that hard to work around I imagine. I'll go pester some classmates on how they got it working if I can't get this issue resolved here.

Thanks for your support.