~~~~Yes another F2P melee combat guide!~~~~

Zaaps1

AS I see it, there 3 ways to train melee: suicidal, mass, and profit. Ill explain each of them and where to train each.

Before I continue I must thank my friends for helping ME find some of these higher level training locations. Thanks guys.

SUICIDAL TRAINING- This is really for low levels only, or for pures with 1 defence. The whole point is to train on something which you know you will lose HP to. I suggest that the monster is 20 or so levels below you, if It can hit you TOO often its not good. When training, except to train for 40 minutes or so until you die. When you do die you must be able to repawn somewhere close to the monsters.

~~~locations:~~~

1. Al-Kadrid guards.

pretty good place, escepcally for pures. When you die, be sure to take out 10gp to pay for the toll gate, unless you have done Prince Ali Rescue or preferr to run around the gate.

2. Jail Guards

Also a really good place. While your at it, might as well complete some nearby quests too. The zombies and skeletons in Draynor Sewers work beutifully.

3. White Knights ( members only)

Must be able to respawn in Falador. Whack away at White Knights.

What to wear:

3 or 4 itesm. I suggest one of these 4 combos

2h, platebody, legs

1 handed sword, platebody kite ( or legs)

2h, full armor

1 hander, legs, plate, kite

The last two are if you can use protect item only.

With the addition of the bank in Lumbridge, you can also choose you eat a law rune and 3 airs and a fire or water to tele to Varrock or Falador when you die.

***Do NOT bring food unless you have some to spare, it defeats the entire purpose.***

MASS TRAINING

Most commonly used, you kill a monestter you can kill within 5 hits on average which will pile in exp for you. The reason why its 5 hit is because if its more, you might as well train on something weaker as your exp is calculated by what you hit time 4.

~~~training areas~~~

Any place with al least 8 or so level 20 or 30 monsters work well. If you are 100 or above 40 and 50 monsters work. But 3 places I love are:

1. Minotaurs

2. Flesh Crawlers

3. Guards

Id Like to provide some more in-depth infomation on the guards. I think Ive found a place where almost no one uses. Why? No clue, but this place is usually empty.

Directions-

1. Go to varrock palace, go up the main stairs ( the ones in front of the Zammy monk )

2. Directly to you east is a ladder inside a seperate room, climb it.

3. Now your on the roof of the palace. Exit the tower and walk onto the roof, keep going north

4. Lastly, you should find an area with 10 dummies between 2 gates and about 7 olr so guards. This is the best guard training place Ive found yet.

If you wish, you can train mage/range here to, stand on either side of the gates and shoot away at guard on the other side. Other locations from below posts:

You just left out one thing, Deadly Red Spiders in varrock sewers!! It's sometimes crowded, but if you can getinto wrld 1, 3, 4, or 5, its great! No drops though.. :cry:

remember to bring something to slash the web with. This is a multicombat area, so multiple spiders will gang up on you if your below level 69. Be careful. Also, if your boried with the spiders after killing tons, id suggest you kill a moss giant or two to keep you interested.

PROFIT TRAINING

Ones most people jump to after they complete Dragon Slayer. They go to te big monsters. Not that theres anything wrong with trying to get some money off combat, but you get less exp than other methods. Profoit train focuses on 4 monsters in F2P, moss giants, ice giants, lesser demons, and greater demons.

Moss Giants- Easier form of Ice Giants, if you dont like Ice Giants, I suggest these. Best place- Crandor

Lesser Demons-THEY DONT DROP BONES. Except no prayer exp from lesssers. They have great dropps and easy to bash defence to make up for this and are ultimately considered good.best place- Crandor, Karamja

Ice Giants- If you want something harder than mossies go for these. Referr to the ice giant guide in the AoW for this.

Greater Demons-My level 65 friends favorite training monster. These are only in the wilderness and are quite tough, but they can drop rune FULL helms.

Wilderness training- Are other people bashing that big, fat, and ugly Lesser you wanted to kill? Then relocating to the wilderness might prove helpful. Staying out of multicombat zones can be helpful by using monsters as a shield from pkers. Also, if you bring a fishing tool, tinderbox, and axe. The east shores of around 35-45 wilderness has a lobbies/swordies fishing area and dead trees to replienish your food supply. 3 places:

1. Ice Penensula-Ice Giants

2. Place that I cant name-Moss Giants

3. Demonic Ruins- Greater Demons. ( greater demons and multicombat, uck)

The reason why I do not list the Mass training locations is because there are so many good outside-of-wildy locations, there is not need. But if you are in dire-need:

1. Hobgoblin mines

2. Bone Yard ( multicombat!) Nice prayer exp too.

3. Graveyard of Shadows ( multicombat?) Get 3 planks while your at it if you havent completed Dragon Slayer

4. The Battefield ( great range spot to, respawning bolts and spear walls as obsitiles)*

*I dont know whats its called. I remember it as the Battefield, but I do know its below hobgoblin mines ( below as in south)

Thats all, thanks for reading and I hope this helps. Post away/insult away/ flame away. Im kinda expecting flame to tell the truth.....

This is a good guide. Even gave me some help. Theres just a couple of spelling mistakes- Crandor and Karamja are incorrect on the guide.

Overall its good though :D

thanks ill correct them.

Pretty good guide! \'

You just left out one thing, Deadly Red Spiders in varrock sewers!! It's sometimes crowded, but if you can getinto wrld 1, 3, 4, or 5, its great! No drops though.. :cry:

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

Pretty good guide! \'

Ill add it in and give credit to you.

Thanks to everyone who replyed.

• 5 months later...

well ive kinda already known these 3 methods, but it was interesting to find them written down so clearly, like i never thought to label them as "profit training" and so on

but ya u summed it up pretty well, except for profit training, with giants, that can also go under mass training for higher lvls since they hardly ever get hit, so ya giants are really good to train on

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

Ok, this is a pretty old guide that I wrote, so anyone else who has read myo ther combat guide, please note this.